RiversideLen
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Joins the parade of those who missed.
I used to go to the Signature Room in the Hancock building once in a while, on the 95th floor, for lunch. They had a wonderful buffet at lunch and on St. Patricks Day they would feature corned beef. The chef there must have thought he was dealing with roast beef because their corned beef was tough and rubbery, obviously not cooked long enough.
I made my usual bun recipe but went wild and made 4 different shapes. 2 traditional with everything bagel topping, 2 six rope basket weave, 2 three rope weave and 2 kaiser (using the stamp). The basket weave is a bit more work, but it's my favorite.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by
RiversideLen.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by
RiversideLen.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.I knew it from Peter Reinhart's book.
I had a bison burger and chicken veg soup. And some crumbled apple/blueberry pie.
The pie kinda fell apart when I tried to flick it out of the pan, the crust was stuck in the middle. This was store bought crust, the kind that's refrigerated and you unroll it. I think next time I'll give the pan a quick shot of Pam.
I know how many grams there are in an ounce, so I was able to do the math.
Today I made an apple/blueberry pie. I don't know how it turned out yet as it is still in the cool down phase.
Pi day is approaching!
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.I had leftover pork roast and pasta.
I got it on a lucky guess. It sounds intriguing, I'll have to look for it.
I've been thinking about pie.
Tonight I had a roast pork sandwich and whipped sweet potato.
Apilinariosilvia, that's a very nice looking pizza, I wish I had your pizza oven!
Yesterday I roasted a salmon fillet. Today I made a pork loin roast and made a sandwich, had it chicken veggie soup, it was so thick it was more like a stew.
Aaron, your pizzas look awesome.
Mike, your breads look awesome too. I bought a sandwich loaf from Whole Foods, their 8 grain bread, and saw that one of the ingredients is triticale. Thanks to you, I know what that is.
I made a batch of pizza dough on Sunday and had pizza on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Monday I took some mushrooms, chopped them up and then cooked them down. That went on the pizza with some ground beef and red bell pepper. Tuesday and Wednesday pizzas were ground beef, thin sliced onion and red pepper. I also made a batch of my sandwich buns, half of them plain and half with KAF everything bagel topping.I've heard about the egg thing but I've never tried it. I've tried skimming but then decided it was more work than it was worth.
February 29, 2020 at 8:52 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of February 23, 2020? #21749I had a Bison burger and chicken veggie soup.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts

