Mon. Sep 28th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,696 through 1,710 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020 #22291
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I had spaghetti and meatballs.

      in reply to: What are you Baking the week of March 22, 2020 #22274
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        That's really personal preference as far as I'm concerned. I've made them using pastry flour, also have used white whole wheat combined with bread flour. Obviously, different flours will result in different textures but there's nothing wrong with different. The only thing I wouldn't do is use cake flour by itself.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the week of March 22, 2020 #22272
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Aaron, I usually make a milk/confectioners sugar glaze for them. Lemon juice and zest in place of the milk sounds wonderful to me.

          in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #22268
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I just received an email from KAF saying that the order I placed last week has shipped. Looks like I got it in just in time. It's not a big order, 9 pounds of flour, but it's enough to last me a while.

            in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #22266
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              Makes me wonder, who many home bread bakers are there. Maybe a lot of people are brushing the dust off of their bread machines.

              I usually buy a pound of SAF Gold once a year, in the late fall, from KAF. I still have several months supple in the container that I'm working from and an unopened pound in the basement freezer. A pound lasts me at least a year.

              in reply to: Daily Quiz for March 23, 2020 #22263
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I got it wrong. I should have known there would be a twist to it.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020 #22255
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  That's a lot of snow, BakerAunt. We got snow here too but it melts on the pavement, it's only sticking on grass and other vegetation.

                  Tonight I made pizza again, and a piece of cake for dessert. So, I guess you can say I had pie and cake for dinner.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the week of March 22, 2020 #22254
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    BakerAunt, when I use the bagel topping, I press it in real hard after I shape the rolls.

                    I forgot to say I added 1/4 almond flour to the cake mix. I really can't taste any almond but the cake turned out pretty good.

                    in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #22241
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      Eggs are one of the things I haven't had difficulty getting.

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the week of March 22, 2020 #22240
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        I made a cake from a mix, (BRM gluten free) it's a vanilla cake but I added a teaspoon of cake spice from The Spice House (sadly, they no longer make that blend), I did make the chocolate frosting from scratch. The cake calls for 1/2 cup of melted butter or veg oil, I used 1/4 cup of peanut oil and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt. It says to wait for the cake to cool before frosting but I frosted it warm because it spreads easier. It's still cooling right now so I have to wait to sample it.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of March 15, 2020? #22199
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I can't find rice. I have some in the house but not as much as I would like.

                          I made a pizza tonight, plain ground beef and cheese. I have some KAF Italian style flour that I need to use up, it's not my preferred pizza flour as it makes a softer crust. I used 25% each white whole wheat and semolina with the balance being the Italian style. It came out pretty good. I have enough dough for a repeat tomorrow.

                          pizza

                          Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          in reply to: Daily Quiz for March 21, 2020 #22185
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I knew it from some cooking show, may have been Alton Brown's.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of March 15, 2020? #22178
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              I had spaghetti with ground beef.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the week of March 15, 2020? #22162
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I bought a bag of Almond Flour from KAF, my plan is to add a little to baked goods like cake mix. My question is, do I need to add more liquid to the mix when adding the almond flour? I'm thinking about adding 1/4 cup.

                                in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #22161
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  The order I placed with KAF last week arrived today, 5 lbs of AP and 10 lbs of bread flour. Add that to 5 lbs of white whole wheat I was able to get from Whole Foods last week, plus the rye and semolina I bought in February, I'm OK for a while.

                                  I had a delivery yesterday from Whole Foods, they showed 5 pound bags of AP in stock (the 365 brand) so I ordered one but then it turned into an out of stock.

                                  The order I place this week with KAF still has not shipped, so I have a feeling I won't be getting it, not for a while anyway.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,696 through 1,710 (of 2,649 total)