What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I finally realized where I saw the chickpea recipe:

In the comments, there is a suggestion about how to bake rather than fry them.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Wow, that's a long word: Revithosoutzoukakia

skeptic7
        Participant

Chocomouse; How is the weather? I read about the spring NorthEaster in the New England area.

BakerAunt; congratulations on the chickpeas.

chocomouse
          Participant

We got about 8-10 inches of granular spring snow, Monday into Tuesday a.m. But temps Tuesday p.m. and today into the 40s, so it has mostly melted. We're still making maple syrup. And had hamburgers and margaritas for dinner tonight, after my husband shoveled the rest of the snow off the deck.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had cubed steak and gravy ,rice,creamed corn and crescent rolls & no I didn't make them from scratch.

skeptic7
              Participant

I just baked 4 chicken thighs, won't eat them tonight its to warm up for tomorrow's lunch and supper.
                I wanted to make garbanzo beans into soup, but found I didn't have 2 cups of garbanzo beans. I looked into my cupboard and managed to get find two cups of dried beans by combining garbanzo, Great Northern and navy beans. This is now soaking and I'll make tomato/vegetable/3 bean soup tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,baked sweet potato and garden pea salad.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I think we're still in leftovers mode for another day, if not two; we've got some chili, some meatloaf and even a little corned beef left. Though the bagels are gone, there are still a few of the Salty Rye Rolls. And pie.

Yesterday it was in the mid 70's, today we're back down in the 50's, I don't see any 70's in our near future.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We finished off the roast chicken with potatoes and vegetables tonight--the third evening of this meal, and it still tastes delicious. The plan for tomorrow is sourdough pan pizza.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Pizza.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I had a leftover pork chop, mashed potato and Brussels sprouts and carrots.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

On Friday, I made another batch of yogurt.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Chicken on the grill, green salad, and a new recipe from SmittenKitchen: rice, zucchini (shredded, from the freezer), lots of onion and garlic, and parmesan. It was adapted from a Julia Child recipe, and it still needs some work, in my opinion. Also, the directions were not clear.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

Pizza with sausage, roasted red pepper and onions.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We were going to do a lavash pizza yesterday, but our jar of artichoke hearts had gone bad, too many days since it had been opened, and I haven't been to Sams to get more yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.