Tue. Sep 29th, 2026

Mike Nolan

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,651 through 4,665 (of 8,095 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Happy Birthday to Cass (Kid Pizza) #24680
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

      Happy Birthday Cass, cheesecake would make a great birthday cake!

      in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 7, 2020? #24672
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

        I've been thinking about making Irish Apple Cake using the apple pie filling I have in the freezer, but I'm waiting for some cooler weather.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of June 7, 2020? #24667
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

          I'm going to juice some onions to start a batch of onion vinegar, I"m just hoping it doesn't smell up the basement.

          in reply to: Bakers authority #24656
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

            I didn't start getting the email offers from Bakers Authority until early May, though I first ordered from them a couple months earlier than that, so I'm guessing this is a relatively new marketing tool for them.

            in reply to: Bakers authority #24651
            Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

              I've been getting them since I ordered from them, I don't know if there's a way to subscribe to emails with those offers.

              The 15% off offer expired on May 31st.

              in reply to: Bakers authority #24641
              Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

                Baker's Authority sends out a new offer every few weeks, I think the last one was 15% off on 5 pound bags of flour.

                I ordered my medium rye flour from them and it has met my expectations.

                in reply to: Help with Cuisinart Food Processor Needed #24634
                Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

                  It makes sense that the low blades might be a little more interchangeable than the high ones for things like slicing and shredding, which have to be at exactly the right height.

                  I've probably used our Cuisinart more in the last few months (mostly to shred cabbage for sauerkraut) than in the previous two or three years.

                  in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #24633
                  Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

                    Most likely COVID-19 will never be 'over', the more appropriate question is: how well is it being dealt with?

                    In NYC and a number other places the answer was for a while "not very well". Conditions have improved in most of these places. But in places where the numbers weren't as bad, numbers can (and will) go up even if it is being dealt with about as well as can be expected at this point in our knowledge of the virus and with the arsenal of tools currently at our disposal.

                    Herd immunity, either from exposure to the virus or a vaccine, is not going to solve all our problems, and some of the control measures are likely to be around a LONG time. How our economic system adjusts to that is an ongoing challenge.

                    in reply to: Help with Cuisinart Food Processor Needed #24624
                    Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

                      There was a recall on Cuisinart cutting blades a while back, maybe you got a replacement then?

                      in reply to: Help with Cuisinart Food Processor Needed #24615
                      Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

                        Well, a new 14 cup Cuisinart would cost anywhere from about $180 up, but I'm no expert on which models are the good ones.

                        in reply to: Help with Cuisinart Food Processor Needed #24611
                        Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

                          Might be worth checking to see if you can find a new (or used) bowl online.

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 7, 2020? #24601
                          Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

                            I've never had an English Muffin bread that tasted anything like an English Muffin. That doesn't mean they don't taste good, just not like an English Muffin.

                            in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 10, 2020 #24594
                            Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

                              People who teach test-taking strategies say that your first impulse is often your best choice.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 7, 2020? #24587
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

                                I'm making a loaf of Austrian malt bread today.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 7, 2020? #24574
                                Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

                                  The front finally rolled through after supper, dropping the temperature over 20 degrees in under an hour.

                                  It is supposed to be cool tomorrow, so I may be able to get some baking done.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 4,651 through 4,665 (of 8,095 total)