Bakers authority

Home Forums Baking β€” Breads and Rolls Bakers authority

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Bakers authority has $5 off $25 purchase until June 18 using code TASTYBITE. One thing I saw was kaf white wheat flour 50 lb bag (yeah, that's alot) for $35. With the 5 bucks off and even with shipping it's still cheaper than buying it from kaf. I can't find any white wheat anywhere. If you could split it with someone it's a pretty good deal. Call me insane but I ended up buying it!

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I hope you have a LOT of freezer or refrigerator space, Kimbob. My experience is that the white whole wheat flour does not do well unless stored cold. I think that it gets an off taste and smell. I would, however, certainly consider it in the winter, as we keep the garage apt. temperature at around 42F. Right now, I have all the whole grains in the refrigerator or freezer, as it can get hot over there in the summer.

kimbob
        Participant

Yes, I have a standing freezer that stores my flour. Plus the fridge and freezer plus a smaller fridge. Plenty of room. 😊

BakerAunt
          Participant

Kimbob--You have your priorities straight! πŸ™‚

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Baker's Authority sends out a new offer every few weeks, I think the last one was 15% off on 5 pound bags of flour.

I ordered my medium rye flour from them and it has met my expectations.

Italiancook
              Participant

Okay, I'm interested in 5 pound bags of flour at 15% off. Is Baker's Authority an online source? If it was mentioned before, I missed it. How to you receive the new offers -- email?

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I've been getting them since I ordered from them, I don't know if there's a way to subscribe to emails with those offers.

The 15% off offer expired on May 31st.

Italiancook
                  Participant

I guess I'll search online for information about them and check out their website. Thanks, Mike, for letting me know about the expiration.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I didn't start getting the email offers from Bakers Authority until early May, though I first ordered from them a couple months earlier than that, so I'm guessing this is a relatively new marketing tool for them.

kimbob
                      Participant

Italiancook, just go to bakersauthority.com and at the bottom of their website you can put in your email to get their newsletter and coupons when they have them. That's how I got the email with the 5% off. This is my first time ordering from them. My niece-in-law told me about them. She ordered ap flour and split the 50 lbs with her mother.

Italiancook
                        Participant

Thanks, kimbob. I'm always happy to learn about online sources.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I've tried twice to sign up for their emails, but so far, no emails have darkened my inbox.

aaronatthedoublef
                            Participant

This looks like a good source. A fifty pound bag of white whole wheat would be good. It's about a three month supply. And they have unbleached cake flour which I need too. Their 5 lb bags are not cheap but their 50 lb ones are pretty good.

kimbob
                              Participant

FedEx delivered my white wheat so I'm going to make a loaf in my pain de mie tomorrow. I have to break down the bag into smaller quantities to put in the freezer. Says it was packaged on 3-30-2020. Yay!

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

The Baker's Authority has a coupon for 10% off an order on their Instagram account (@thebakersauthority), use code BAKERS10. I don't know how long this offer is good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.