What Did You Bake the Week of June 12, 2016?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What Did You Bake the Week of June 12, 2016?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

With temperatures in the upper 90s and low 100s, I've not been rushing into the kitchen. On Tuesday, I really wanted something for breakfast other than cold cereal, so I tried a recipe for Sweet Barley [Drop] Scones from Elizabeth Alston's Biscuits and Scones. I have posted the recipe with my changes.

We are out of bread today, so I am baking my version of Grandma A's Ranch Hand Bread from bellesaz's recipes. (I have posted her recipes, and all the comments on this one, so take a look. Zen helpfully scaled it for a single loaf she could do in a bread machine.) I wanted a 3-loaf recipe! My husband and the dog plow through a two loaf recipe in no time. I've substituted in a cup of barley flour for a cup of the whole wheat that I use, and this time I've used 3 1/4 cups of buttermilk in place of some of the water.

I've also mixed up the dough for the Soft Barley Cookies, from the KAF Wholegrain Baking Book. My husband requested them for Father's Day. The dough has to sit overnight, so I won't be able to bake the cookies before midnight.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I had a bag of limes, so I baked Lime Meltaways from "Martha Stewart's Cookies."

omaria
        Participant

I baked an apple pie for Antoon's birthday. It is his favorite. Used apples from my own tree and a few of my brother's tree. Used tapioca flour as a thickening and also put a layer of dried apples on the bottom of the crust. It was a great success !
          I need to pick the rest of the apples otherwise they are going to be apple sauce while hanging on the tree. That is how hot it is !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.