What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    skeptic7
    Participant

Joan;
      What sort of peas are white acre peas? That does sound good. My father likes boiled peanuts. I first met them on a trip to Georgia, but he said they were common in China.

cwcdesign
      Participant

Last night it was Will's turn. He made buffalo cauliflower, baked sweet potato fries, with carrot sticks and a sliced fresh pepper from the garden. He made fresh salsa the day before and I made ranch dressing to go with. It was a throw together recipe that came out really, really well.

kimbob
        Participant

Meatloaf, carrots, sauteed sugar snaps (from farmer's market), roasted garlic bread (from farmer's). Strawberry shortcake with local strawberries for dessert.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had grilled chicken thighs, fresh green salad, and leftover broccoli salad for dinner tonight.

RiversideLen
            Participant

A large salad and a leftover Italian sausage.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had a small dinner party this evening (just 4 of us), with deviled eggs, salad with home-made Thousand Island dressing, popovers with strawberry jam (and other jams), burger patties on the grill (with or without a bun).

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Skeptic7 white acre peas are tiny green peas when cooked will be soft and so good,they will stay light in color and the way I cook them is a few slices of hog jowl fried to get a good seasoning then pour in peas covered with water and cook till done,then I place whole pods of okra on top and cook till tender.This is our favorite pea.This is what we had for supper tonight all the leftovers from yesterday peas & okra,potato salad,sliced tomatoes,I had a small amount of okra left so I fried that ,corn bread and smoked sausage.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I needed to use up the potato water from the potatoes I cooked earlier this week, so Saturday’s dinner is soup. As a base recipe, I used the Jacob’s Lentil Stew recipe on a bag of Bob’s Red Mill red lentils, of which I have several bags. I used the potato water in place of the vegetable broth, although it does have the drippings added in from the pork skillet that I deglazed last week. I used 1 Tbs. dried onion, in deference to my husband’s ongoing difficulty with regular onion. I used fresh parsley. Cumin is a non-starter with my husband, so I replaced it with a tsp. of Penzey’s Ozark Style Seasoning (came in a gift set, and I’m trying to use it up).I also deleted the cilantro and the lemon juice. We ate it with the crispbread I baked earlier today.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

How long does potato water keep? Do you refrigerate it? Can you freeze it?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.