What are You Cooking the Week of July 2, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 2, 2017?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For Sunday dinner, I am making a Beef Arm Roast (2.8 pounds) in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and a bit of coarsely minced garlic. I sprinkled the roast with Penzey's Bavarian seasoning (and more over the top vegetables) and salt and pepper. I deglazed the pan with water, then added about 1/3 cup boiled apple cider that I needed to use up. I added a Tbs. of tomato paste, a Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce, and a couple of Tbs. of light brown sugar.

Spread the word
      rottiedogs
      Participant

Burgers, brats and Italian sausage on the grill for the 4th. Probably will have leftovers for most of the rest of the week. Tonight - maybe polish on the grill. The vote is not in on dinner yet!

cwcdesign
        Participant

Sunday night we had our 4th of July cheeseburgers on the grill. Tonight, it's a big salad with chicken and vegetables

navlys
          Participant

Used my leftover baby back rib meat to make pork tacos with lettuce, cheese and a little hot sauce. They turned out pretty good.

cwcdesign
            Participant

It's too hot here to do much of anything - heat index of 104 at 4:30 - we've mostly been eating salads, but yesterday I grilled chicken for Caesar salad. I made Karen Noll's eggless Caesar dressing but I substituted ¼ cup of whole milk Greek yogurt for part of the mayo and added a tablespoon of milk to thin it a little. Then I spread some on the chicken before I grilled it. It was a perfect dinner. Leftovers tonight

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by cwcdesign.
              navlys
              Participant

Know thyself and know thy slow cooker. I decided to cook a chuck roast in my new slow cooker. My old slow cooker which I had forever was so slow on "low" that I had to drape a towel over the top to get anything cooked. Well my new slow cooker ( Crock- pot brand) is like "Speedy Gonzales" on the low setting. I may have to turn it to warm toward the end of the recommended cooking time.

cwcdesign
                Participant

navlys I'm learning that my new crockpot (Hamilton Beach) is so much faster than the old one - I've recently found a chicken recipe I want to try and the poster has the same as mine and she says to cook on LOW for 4-5 hours instead of the old times of 6-8 on low. No more leaving in the morning and letting it cook - it would be mush - guess how I know ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.