What are you Cooking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Happy Easter! We're having ham and some kind of potato dish for supper tonight, probably potatoes au gratin.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Happy Easter to all.It was just the two of us so we had Sloppy Joe's and fries.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Easter dinner, I made Maple-Glazed Pork Tenderloin, muddled mashed potatoes, and microwaved frozen peas. We had applesauce from the freezer. We also had thin slices of the Limpa Bread I baked yesterday (wonderful) and Chocolate Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Blood Orange Glaze (a lovely pink).

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had beef stew over corn bread and I made refrigerator pickles.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

With several leftovers to choose from, we went with takeout. 🙂

chocomouse
              Participant

We had cavitappi with a tomato-meat sauce, and a green salad.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Happy Easter! I had my brother over and we had ham, rice with Amy's vegetarian chili and fresh asparagus.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Monday, we had leftover pork tenderloin and muddled mashed potatoes, but I found some lovely green beans at Aldi's, so we also had microwaved green beans.

Tonight, we will have leftover Lentil, Vegetable, Barley Soup.

I made yogurt on Tuesday.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had beer battered fish and steamed broccoli tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I baked a half chicken in the roasting pan and with that we had potato salad and field peas with snaps.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Home-made baked beans and hot dogs!

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had cube steak with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

We had more delicious Easter leftovers with fresh green beans.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken, macaroni and cheese and acre peas from the freezer.

cwcdesign
                                Participant

Because we’ve had long days at work and I had a 6:00pm meeting on Tuesday (my day off), I made tuna and white bean salad. I will finish this off tonight with a wedge salad from work - the lid popped so we couldn’t sell it - it was made fresh this morning.

On Easter, I made deviled eggs to take to lunch with my manager and her mom. I FINALLY found the answer to cooking and shelling hard boiled eggs - Kenji Alt-Lopez’s article on Serious Eats https://www.seriouseats.com/the-secrets-to-peeling-hard-boiled-eggs - I boiled them, but have now bought an insert so I can steam the eggs the next time. I watched them carefully because of my wonky stove and followed directions exactly. Cooked for 11 minutes, shocked in ice water for 15 and refrigerated overnight. I peeled 12 eggs in less than 10 minutes and the only egg that wasn’t perfect was the one that cracked in the pan. The whites were tender as well - I’m sold.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.