What are you Cooking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Because we’ve had long days at work and I had a 6:00pm meeting on Tuesday (my day off), I made tuna and white bean salad. I will finish this off tonight with a wedge salad from work - the lid popped so we couldn’t sell it - it was made fresh this morning.

On Easter, I made deviled eggs to take to lunch with my manager and her mom. I FINALLY found the answer to cooking and shelling hard boiled eggs - Kenji Alt-Lopez’s article on Serious Eats https://www.seriouseats.com/the-secrets-to-peeling-hard-boiled-eggs - I boiled them, but have now bought an insert so I can steam the eggs the next time. I watched them carefully because of my wonky stove and followed directions exactly. Cooked for 11 minutes, shocked in ice water for 15 and refrigerated overnight. I peeled 12 eggs in less than 10 minutes and the only egg that wasn’t perfect was the one that cracked in the pan. The whites were tender as well - I’m sold.

BakerAunt
      Participant

That's great information on hard boiled eggs, CWCdesign.

We had the last of the pork tenderloin. I roasted cubed sweet potatoes to go with it and microwaved the last of the fresh green beans. Tomorrow, I will need to do regular cooking again.

chocomouse
        Participant

I made a spicy sausage pizza with tomato sauce, onions, peppers, mushrooms, black olives, cheddar and mozzarella.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had the leftover beef stew and I made fresh corn bread,sliced tomatoes and refrigerator pickles.

BakerAunt
            Participant

That pizza sounds so good, Chocomouse.

Dinner on Friday was Salmon patties, accompanied by a stir-fry that I made with sauteed carrots, celery, red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and garlic and combined with cooked farro (1/2 cup dry cooked in 1 3/4 Cups water with 3/4 tsp. of Penzey's chicken base).

chocomouse
              Participant

I cooked chicken thighs with Greek seasoning, and with it had leftover broccoli salad.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I had some fresh bread with a little butter (and one slice with some honey), plus a salad.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Last night I had roasted salmon seasoned with a fair amount of grated fresh ginger and a light sprinkle of garlic powder. Also, noodles with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli and carrot.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Burgers on the grill tonight, taking advantage of the warm weather. We've had the windows open, something we haven't been able to do for a while.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had taco burgers and fries.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had to close the windows because a neighbor fired up his wood fireplace, and the whole neighborhood reeks of wood smoke.

I guess people don't understand that some of us cannot tolerate wood smoke. When we were building our house, both the architect and the builder kept asking if we wanted to include a fireplace. They said it would increase the retail value of the house. We said by the time we sell the house (or more likely, our kids do), we won't care if the retail value is a little higher. That was 26 years ago.

We had a fireplace in our old house, never used it in 15 years.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.