What are you Baking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Happy Birthday, BakerAunt! Spend the day baking one of your favorites, maybe with just a bit of butter?

Today I made a pan of Pecan Pie Bars. They are OK, but I think next time I will use my regular pecan pie recipes, from the Karo bottle. The bars are sadly lacking in pecans, and thus, also sadly lacking in flavor. I knew that as I mixed the filling, but, as usual, the first time around I followed the recipe. But the recipe was easy to make, and the crust is excellent.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Thank you, Chocomouse. While I replace the butter in the Bischofsbrot with avocado oil and a bit of buttermilk, I do not replace the cup of dark chocolate chips; indeed, I went for a heaping cup of dark chocolate chips.

skeptic7
        Participant

Baker Aunt;
          Happy Birthday! I did the char sui bao again and gave it about three hour rise in the refrigerator. and half an hour at room temperature. It came out better shaped but thats possibly beacuse my father put the whole batch in the steamer at once, and the buns were forced to rise up and not out. Half of it had the roast pork stuffing, and half of it was plain bread. I had thought to steam this in two halves but it worked out better this way for the shape.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.