Thread for Joan

Home Forums Member News Thread for Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Joan, your husband and you continue to be in my prayers.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Well we thought we were going for a bone marrow biopsy today but it was just a consultation.We did find out He has CLL Leukemia , Lung cancer and the lymph nodes were cancerous.We will go later on for bone marrow test and Pet scan.They have to get all the tests before making a plan.The meds are really making him hungry and he's eating well.This am he was 115 pounds and when we got to the cancer center he weighed 118 pounds.Tonight he ate like his old self and said it was delicious.Thank each one of you for all the prayers.

navlys
        Participant

You have to cherish every positive moment!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Sonny my husband has gained up to 120 pounds.He is having some swelling in his feet and lower legs so they have put him on Lasix twice a week 1 tab, a day.He has a good attitude and positive thinking and that helps a lot.He's ready to get started with whatever they throw at him.Thank you all for your kind words and prayersHe has been walking a lot to try to build up the muscles again still weak.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Sonny weighs 121 pounds , thankful for the improvement.We have a PET scan scheduled for Friday May 12th, Bone marrow needle biopsy May 19th and MRI May 31st.he's continuing trying to gain strength and doing better.Thank you all for the prayers.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Joan--I'll be thinking of you and Sonny tomorrow when he has the PET scan. He will have to fast before it, so have good food on hand to feed him afterwards.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Thank you BakerAunt and everyone for the prayers.We are anxious for this to get done.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We got the PET scan done today now waiting on the results.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Joan--I am thinking of you and Sonny, since he has a biopsy scheduled tomorrow. I will pray that all goes smoothly.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Thanks for the prayers.We got the biopsy today and still one more test MRI on the 31st. then we meet with the oncologist to see what they have decided and our options.His feet and legs are swelling with water and getting cellulitis battling that with keeping his legs elevated as much as possible.He said that place on the backside is starting to be painful and he says when he takes a deep breath his chest hurts.It's so sad to see him in such a weakened condition.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Joan--I will say a prayer tonight for Sonny, and I will be thinking of both of you when he goes for the MRI tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Thank you BakerAunt we need all the prayers and my husband is very anxious to know what his prognosis will be.We will meet with the oncologist Thursday morning.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We got the last MRI today and got a call this afternoon that we'll not get the results tomorrow as planned will call us sometime next week.My husband is disappointed to say the least.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We have been through a lot lately.Home health came and said sounded like my husband had fluid on the lungs ,went to hospital found out it wasn't fluid but the mass in the lung makes him sound like a bubbling when he breathes.Did more scans and oncologist said he has CLL lymphoma, lung cancer and brain cancer don't know if brain cancer is same as lung , has it in bone marrow too.To find out about the brain cancer they'd have to do a very invasive biopsy and the doctor said she didn't think he's strong enough to do anything.My husband was really wanting to fight this but it's not gonna happen.They sent him home on Hospice and he's now on oxygen 24/7.His mind isn't right and I've noticed this for a while now. She couldn't tell us how long she said only God knows.So for my praying friends keep Sonny and me in your prayers.We gonna need them.our hearts is broken but I know our awesome God is still on the throne.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

That is very difficult news to hear, Joan. Stay as strong as you can.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.