King Arthur 20% Off Orders over $60

Home Forums General Discussions King Arthur 20% Off Orders over $60

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

KAF is having a 20% off on orders over $60. However, there are still shipping costs.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I find it difficult to come up with $60 of stuff to order from them these days.

skeptic7
        Participant

I'm feeling jaded. There isn't that much I want from King Arthur right now. Sometimes I think I want the wooden kneading board but then I try to think of a place to store it and the impulse goes away. I also admire the Askamura (sp) mixer but that is way too expensive.

skeptic7
          Participant

I'll be passing through Vermont on Saturday/Sunday. I'm going to Quebec just on the other side of Derby Line ( right on the border ). I might have a little more time to play tourist. Is there anything especially fun near I-91? Last time I went on the west side of the state to see the Morgan Horse Farm. I've seen King Arthur and Cabot Creamery. I'd like to see Woodchuck but thats on the wrong side of the state.
            Vermont is a great place. My first trip there I saw lots of covered bridges and visited a man who raised the great white pulling oxen. I think this trip I'd like to have lobster rolls. Can anyone recommend a place. I'm looking at you chocomouse.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I'm looking at KAF right now, I can save about $25 on a quart of vanilla, but then I'd be paying $20 to ship it.

I found a few other things that I want. I saved $12.23 and spent $12 on shipping for a net saving of 23 cents, so all in all not a bad day on the internet.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by RiversideLen.
              chocomouse
              Participant

Hi Skeptic!
                What a great weekend to visit – the weather should be perfect! I cannot recommend any place to eat lobster rolls in Vermont; we go to Maine to get ours! As you know, Vermont is landlocked, no shoreline. Indeed, I am leaving tomorrow for six days in Maine! We will eat lobster rolls, and also have reservations on a cruise to an island in Boothbay Harbor for a clambake.
                Your first stop in Vermont on Interstate 91 north should be the Vermont Welcome Center, soon after you cross from Massachusetts into Vermont, around mile marker 5. We usually stop there for a potty break and to stretch our legs and look at the displays which change seasonally. You will get ideas for places to visit throughout the state from all the displays. It is a beautiful venue and well-maintained, but there are no services (food, gas). So, generally, working my way northward on 91 are the following:
                Vermont is well known for craft beers, with many breweries open to visitors. The Harpoon Brewery and Beer Garden is just a mile or two off 91 in Windsor. Although I don’t like beer, my retirement party was held there! River Roost Brewery is in White River Junction, and I’m pretty sure a couple more have started up in that same town in the last few months. There are also many small restaurants in that neighborhood, if you like ethnic foods, although I think you do have access to that where you live.
                Small artisan cheese factories are a growing industry in Vermont. Grafton Village Cheese Company is in Brattleboro, but I don’t know anything about it. Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company is in the same park as the Harpoon Brewery, but I think they do not have a workspace that you can visit, just a market to purchase cheese. Cobb Hill, a modern “commune” in Hartland, also has an interesting cheese-making facility.
                In Norwich, a few feet off 91 and a mile from King Arthur Flour is the Montshire Museum, a science focus with many first-rate hands on activities to try. The Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium in St. Johnsbury (an hour north) is a fascinating place.
                You mentioned “Woodchuck”, but I think it was auto-corrected from Woodstock? It is a lovely, quaint, Vermont town well-worth a visit, but about 20-30 minutes from I91 on a sometimes slow 2 lane road. Some places to visit include The Rockefeller estate, glass blowing at Simon Pierce, Billings Farm and Museum. If you are interested in books, this weekend is the annual event variously called “bookstock literary festival”, “bookfest”, etc. There are readings, art exhibits, music, workshops, and a huge book sale, all on the green and in buildings around town. You do need reservations for some of the events.
                I don’t know your interests, or how much time you’ll actually have to play tourist. I would say you should spend 3-4 days visiting along 91 from one border to the next. The southern part of Vermont is quite populated, from the Welcome Center north to Norwich, about a one hour drive. From there to Derby Line at the border, is about two hours. That area is called the Northeast Kingdom and it is pretty barren, small towns, miles between interstate exits, but gorgeous views of mountains and rivers and lakes.
                I hope you enjoy your trip! And let me know if you have specific interests or things you want to see.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

BTW, in case you didn't know it, the KAF store, bakery and education center are about a mile away from their warehouse. The KAF test kitchens are located at the warehouse.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Their corporate offices are at the warehouse, also; I've been there numerous times. Norwich is a small town - I grew up there, and now live in the country about 10 miles away.

skeptic7
                    Participant

Chocomouse;
                      Thanks thats just what information I wanted. I only have half a day to play tourist. I do want to go to Woodchuck Apple Cider which is based in Vermont but its on the West side of the state. I do like the Vermont welcome center and will probably stay overnight at Brattleboro. I've been to Putney and enjoyed the food at the Coop and looked at the yarn mill.
                      King Arthur Flour store has good food and its a nice place for a cup of coffee.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.