Tue. Oct 6th, 2026

BakerAunt

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,431 through 8,445 (of 8,781 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of December 18, 2016? #6038
    BakerAunt
    Participant

      Italian Cook: I'm pretty sure that brown sugar is used in pineapple upside down cake--at least I recall my mother using it. I've no idea, however, what recipe she used. It could have been the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, or perhaps one of those booklets in those Encyclopedia of Cooking binders.

      in reply to: Merry Christmas! #6037
      BakerAunt
      Participant

        Merry Christmas to everyone: to our old and our new members, to those who post and those who lurk. And a big thanks to Mike for creating this space where we can discuss our baking and cooking.

        in reply to: What’s on your Christmas menu? #6036
        BakerAunt
        Participant

          It's just the two of us. My husband will roast a turkey and bake sweet potatoes to mash up with a bit of sugar and cinnamon. (Neither of us care for overly sweet, sweet potato casseroles.) We will steam broccoli. I baked pumpkin pie for dessert, since it is traditional for my husband to have it on Christmas.

          in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of November 27, 2016? #6035
          BakerAunt
          Participant

            Frozen blueberries should be fine--perhaps increase the baking time a bit? I'm not sure, but you might wait until the batter has set for those 15 minutes before folding in frozen blueberries.

            in reply to: Science and Cooking class #6023
            BakerAunt
            Participant

              I'm posting a link that discusses how patients who undergo chemotherapy and radiation can lose their sense of taste and smell, and how some neuroscientists and chefs are working toward perhaps helping them regain it. I never thought of food science in this way before. It's a great article:

              Hog jowls and clementines: A bid to awaken cancer patients’ ruined sense of taste

              in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of November 27, 2016? #6021
              BakerAunt
              Participant

                Hi, Luvpyrpom: I have now added the Lemony Cornmeal-Blueberry Muffins to the recipe section here. I'm sorry it took me so long. I hope that you enjoy them--either in my version, or in the original version.

                in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of December 4, 2016? #6016
                BakerAunt
                Participant

                  I think it looks great! Let us know how it tastes.

                  in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of December 4, 2016? #6011
                  BakerAunt
                  Participant

                    Riverside Len: How did the stollen turn out?

                    in reply to: Science and Cooking class #6010
                    BakerAunt
                    Participant

                      If anyone actually does these courses, let us know. I'll be retiring next year, so I could actually devote the time to a class.

                      in reply to: Cuisinart Food Processor Recall #6009
                      BakerAunt
                      Participant

                        Welcome, Bronx! Thanks for letting us know that the site is now functional. I tried the site again, and this time it is working. Unfortunately, we've just arrived in Indiana for the holidays, and I don't have the complete model number (just know that it is a DLC-7). so I will have to wait until we are back in Texas in January to check.

                        in reply to: Hand Mixers #5972
                        BakerAunt
                        Participant

                          I still saved $12, even with the shipping, and it would have been $14 if I had not wanted them to arrive more quickly. I also saved sales tax.

                          in reply to: Cuisinart Food Processor Recall #5969
                          BakerAunt
                          Participant

                            I was actually able to get to a Cusinart page on the recall. It says to fill out a form, but there is no form. I tried calling, but like Italian Cook, all I got was a busy signal.

                            in reply to: Hand Mixers #5967
                            BakerAunt
                            Participant

                              Fortunately for me, it was cheaper to repair. I want a "Fix-It Shop" like they have on Sesame Street!

                              in reply to: Cuisinart Food Processor Recall #5962
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

                                I figure that there are a LOT of Cuisinart food processors out there. It may take a bit of time for them to work through all the calls. Although I'm pretty sure that mine was made before 1996, I note that the blade does have the four rivets. According to my sister, it concerns products once Cuisinart started manufacturing in China. (Where have we heard THAT before?)

                                Apparently, 8 million food processors are involved: little wonder that the website is unavailable and the phones overwhelmed.

                                • This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                in reply to: Hand Mixers #5961
                                BakerAunt
                                Participant

                                  My new set of beaters arrived today. They seem to be a duller metal color than the ones I have, but I tried them out, and they fit, and the mixer works with them, so I am happy. Thanks again to Sarah for recommending the company.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 8,431 through 8,445 (of 8,781 total)