Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Home Forums General Discussions Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

It may not be complete, but here's a count showing around 400 recipes by original (BC) poster of recipes uploaded with 'by xxxx' in the recipe title as of 12:05 AM on 6/16. I'll update this list again in a few days.

by ancameni 23
      by anna 15
      by anndyer 1
      by annee 8
      by annie9235 2
      by Carla 16
      by Cyndiok 39
      by frick 1
      by Granny 1
      by jej 96
      by Kimbob 57
      by knead2quilt 3
      by Livingwell (Penelope) 1
      by Lorraine 1
      by macy 14
      by Mrs. Cindy 5
      by Mumpy 11
      by Mumpy's neighbor 1
      by Paddy L 3
      by PaddyL 27
      by Pmiker 3
      by Reagan 29
      by Reagan and lorrainesfav 1
      by sue/theviewfrom… 1
      by Teachingcotton 6
      by Twin2 27
      by wonky 1

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
      S_Wirth
      Participant

There are 84 of my recipes, Mike, that are not on your list. Not counting some others that I posted besides those.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Thanks, Mike! This list is very helpful.

I went back and corrected the heading on the three recipes from PaddyL, so they should all show up together on the next search.

Quick Note: The five I posted from Mrs. Cindy were in threads rather than her recipe section. I remember someone (do not recall who) saying she had sent Mrs. Cindy her recipes, so I directed my efforts at saving other people's. Thus, if anyone has Mrs. Cindy's, they will need to be posted.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

If they didn't have 'by xxxx' in the title, they weren't in that list. There are about 40 of mine out there without attribution (which seems pointless if it's your own recipe). One of those is actually BigLakeJudy's molasses cookie recipe; I just corrected the title on that one to be consistent. (I also think that one's now out there twice, with rottiedogs having just uploaded it, too.)

There are a bunch of recipes out there with the attribution in the body, might be tricky to include them in the next list. Most of those appear to have it on line 2 of the body, which I might be able to break out. But if I can do that, it might make more sense to just write a quick program to update the subject header to add the attribution there.

I might not get to that right away, though.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
            rottiedogs
            Participant

I have all of Mrs. Cindy's recipes. I will post them. I didn't realize until after I posted BigLakeJudy's molasses cookie recipe it was out there already. I've been trying to upload for an hour or so every morning. I don't think I actually made a dent yet.

S_Wirth
              Participant

I had one more for Kimbob than what you showed but I saw one of hers I left off 'by Kimbob'...I was getting so tired when I did hers and just left it off. I don't seem to be able to edit the recipe title, etc.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by S_Wirth.
                Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I just raised the edit limit to a very large number, so if that's what was keeping you from editing the topic title, you should be able to edit it now.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                  S_Wirth
                  Participant

I got it fixed now. There was no Edit button before but there was one now. I didn't think I'd edited that much but I have done a lot of posts/recipes.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

It was probably timing out, I had it set to allow editing for something like 10 days, so I set it to a very large number so posts are essentially editable forever.

In some online forums, allowing unlimited editing of posts leads to flame wars, but I don't honestly see that happening here.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Sarah: It was not a limit on the number of times a poster could edit. (I'd be in trouble if that were the case.) The limit was on the number of days in which a poster was allowed to edit. It was ten days, but Mike has changed it to give us all time to catch errors.

S_Wirth
                        Participant

My recipe post was 10 days ago so that was what was what was going on.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Today I added Virginislander's recipes and Dachshundlady's recipes.

I also adjusted the one by Mumpy's neighbor to just say "by Mumpy."

I was able to add Altardee's as well.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I fixed a few posts that had the attribution in the recipe but not in the title.

rottiedogs
                              Participant

I should have had my tea before I started posting this morning. I uploaded some of bocca's recipes in the old bc thread category. Mike - can you delete them from there so I can re-post where they belong? Sorry to make more work for you.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

It's easier and faster for me to just move them to the Recipes forum, so I did. Hopefully I got them all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.