Wed. Oct 7th, 2026

BakerAunt

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,581 through 8,595 (of 8,781 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vanilla Prices Soar #4697
    BakerAunt
    Participant

      And this week's "sale" price for butter is $3.19 per pound.

      in reply to: Vanilla Prices Soar #4693
      BakerAunt
      Participant

        Thanks for the tip, Sarah. I've signed up for their e-mails.

        in reply to: Vanilla Prices Soar #4690
        BakerAunt
        Participant

          Penzey's 16 ox regular vanilla is currently $39.95 and will increase to $49,95

          Penzey's double-strength 16 oz. is currently $59.95 and will increase to $79.95.

          16 oz. of the KAF brand vanilla is $44.95.

          The 32 oz. Madagascar Vanilla at KAF is $74.95.

          • This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
          in reply to: Vanilla Prices Soar #4687
          BakerAunt
          Participant

            Maybe there should be a "Cost of Baking" Index?

            I'm still working my way through a quart of vanilla I bought a while back from KAF when there was a sale. I've moved the last of it to three 8 oz. bottles, so I'm set for now. I also appear, unwittingly, to have stocked up on Double Dutch Cocoa. Coffee, alas, cannot be stored so long, and I'm firmly addicted to Peet's French Roast and must mail order it. Last Christmas time, I stocked up on regular flour and sugar, and I am hoping for more sales in late November and December, when I will run out.

            I don't understand why butter is so expensive. Early this summer, I thought myself lucky to hit a sale where it was $2.50 a pound. Now the sale price of $2.99 looks good. Sigh.

            • This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
            in reply to: English Muffin Bread from Bernard Clayton #4669
            BakerAunt
            Participant

              Mike--the recipe I tried is not that messy. It is hard to incorporate the dissolve baking soda (in 1 Tbs. of water) into the dough, but the dough whisk helps. To keep it from sticking to my hands, as I was dividing it and putting it into the pans, I put a little water on my hands.

              I have Beard's bread book somewhere around here. I'll have to look at the recipe and compare it, but right now, I will stick with Bernard Clayton's recipe.

              in reply to: English Muffin Bread from Bernard Clayton #4662
              BakerAunt
              Participant

                BevM--Let us know when you bake the recipe what you think of it.

                I really like Bernard Clayton's bread books.

                in reply to: English Muffin Bread from Bernard Clayton #4650
                BakerAunt
                Participant

                  I used my stand mixer with the flat beater. However, he also gives directions for using a food processor, or mixing by hand.

                  This recipe would be a MESS in a bread machine.

                  in reply to: Happy Birthday Mike Nolan!! #4642
                  BakerAunt
                  Participant

                    Happy Birthday, Mike. Is there a Texas sheet cake on the horizon?

                    in reply to: What Did You Bake the Week of August 28, 2016? #4634
                    BakerAunt
                    Participant

                      Joan--I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Sugar. Pets are like children, except that they don't borrow the car keys.

                      in reply to: My pretty little butterfly #4623
                      BakerAunt
                      Participant

                        Sigh. I tried twice to open the site, but my computer freezes about halfway through. I'm sure it is beautiful to see.

                        in reply to: Dropping in to say Hi! #4622
                        BakerAunt
                        Participant

                          At the moment, Luvpyrpom and I appear to be the ONLY people posting on Zen's site. It would be nice to get more cross traffic between the two sites, and each site has the potential of bringing people to the other one.

                          in reply to: Prayers needed please #4621
                          BakerAunt
                          Participant

                            Wonky: Your family is in my prayers.

                            in reply to: It’s Meyer Lemon Time! #4620
                            BakerAunt
                            Participant

                              cwcdesign: I immediately posted it at Zen's site.

                              I think that I and Luvpyrpom are the ONLY two people posting on Zen's site. If any of the rest of you can get over there and do some posting, it would be great.

                              in reply to: Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster #4593
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

                                Well, the recipes will be in the recipe section, so we can use that number. I've added some of mine, but I don't remember which ones I added! Mike is going to search for a "by poster" app.

                                I've been wondering where that zucchini thread is....

                                in reply to: Dropping in to say Hi! #4590
                                BakerAunt
                                Participant

                                  Thank you Sarah for letting members know how you are doing. As Mike says, we worry. My husband and I were in northern Indiana from mid-July through August 20, and while we had heat and humidity in the last couple of weeks, we did not have the really hideous stuff that Illinois has endured. I hope that the weather breaks soon. I'm ready for fall!

                                  I've not "met" Jozy, but she and Lee will be in my prayers.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 8,581 through 8,595 (of 8,781 total)