What are you Cooking the Week of November 21, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 21, 2021?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I had a turkey sandwich on maple oatmeal bread with cranberry sauce on the side for lunch. My husband had a turkey sandwich and pecan pie for dinner. I had a fresh toasted bagel with cream cheese and Everything Bagel for dinner.

BakerAunt
      Participant

On Friday, I made a large pot of turkey broth from the meaty bones of the Thanksgiving turkey and froze most of it.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Making turkey stock is on my to-do list for the weekend.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We dined on more delicious leftovers on Saturday.

I made yogurt today.

chocomouse
              Participant

Leftovers - again.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I had leftover turkey and mashed potatoes for supper, Diane had tomato soup and cheese.

I now have the turkey pulled apart, with 2 big bags of meat (one white meat, one dark meat) and the bones are in a pot of water in the fridge, I'll make stock tomorrow. I didn't want to start it tonight because I don't know that I want to be up that late.

Not sure what I'm doing with all that meat, Diane doesn't like turkey soup. She suggested turkey tetrazzini, (turkey and noodle casserole), I suggested turkey pot pie.

Italiancook
                  Participant

Yesterday, I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I subbed 1 cup buttermilk + 1 tablespoon for the 1 cup milk. The batter was thick enough that my 1/4 cup pancakes didn't spread and were too small. In the future, I'll use 1-1/4 cup buttermilk and maybe an extra tablespoon.

This morning (Sunday), I made pineapple muffins. I used my go-to muffin recipe and added an 8-ounce can crushed pineapple. They were delicate and delicious but needed more pineapple taste. Next time, I'll use the juice from the can as part of the buttermilk.

The muffins didn't brown even though I cooked them 3-1/2 minute longer than normal. I had used regular bake, but in this new oven, the fan doesn't run on regular bake. In the old one, the fan ran on regular bake and aided browning. I guess I'll have to figure out how to use convection so the fan runs.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.