What are you Cooking the Week of May 15, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 15, 2022?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Our plan for tonight is burgers on the grill, plus salad.

cwcdesign
      Participant

I've been lurking for a while but not posting. My cooking kind of cycles now that it's just me. On Sunday, I made a sheet pan dinner with Tuscan flavored chicken sausage, a large russet potato, 2 small broccoli crowns and ½ an onion. It lasted me for 3 nights. Tonight I'm grilling chicken tenders that I'm marinating in oil and Penzey's Mitchell Street from a sample package - I think I'm going to like it. And, I'll roast cauliflower in Fox Point seasoning.

BakerAunt
        Participant

That is good that you are taking the time to make good meals for yourself, CWCdesign.

That chicken finally thawed, so dinner on Wednesday was roast chicken. I used the giblets (yes, this one had giblets) to make broth that I used to cook bulgur to go with it. The star of the meal, for me, was the first asparagus of the season. I cut it into 1 1/2-inch pieces and mixed it with half a pound of thick-sliced mushrooms, and a container of cherry tomatoes. I tossed the vegetables in olive oil and a bit of garlic powder, then roasted for 15 minutes at 450F on a parchment-lined pan. I sprinkled Penzey's Sunny Paris over it and put it back into the oven for another three minutes. My stepson and I enjoyed it, but my husband, who is not an asparagus fan, had microwaved broccoli instead.

I am now out of Sunny Paris and wish that I had ordered it. However, I have some samples of Fox Point, so I will give that one a try next time.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had taco salad.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

My husband went fishing at the river yesterday so we had fresh fried fish,grits and cheese and coleslaw with hushpuppies.

chocomouse
              Participant

Pizza!

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had pasta with meat sauce and a salad.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Country supper tonight,we had white acre peas with whole pods of okra,potato salad, sliced tomatoes,smoked sausage and lacey corn bread.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On Friday, I made broth from the bones of Wednesday's chicken and froze it. For dinner, I used leftover chicken to make a stir-fry with soba noodles, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, green onion, broccoli, and the defatted drippings from when the chicken was roasted. It was a meal that did not heat up the kitchen on a day with temperatures in the mid-80s.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner was grilled salmon, asparagus, and potato salad. This is one of my most favorite meals. Asparagus from the garden will be on the menu almost every night for the next month!

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Chocomouse's comment reminds me that I did not post what I made for lunch today.

I also made a frittata for lunch on Friday, using 3 1/2 eggs, 1/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, and the leftover asparagus, mushrooms, and cherry tomato side dish from Wednesday's dinner. It stuck in one spot, so the flip over was not so great. I think that I need a new nonstick frying pan. I have half of the frittata to warm up for tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

chocomouse
                            Participant

I used the foccacia I baked this morning as buns for cheddar-wurst hot dogs for dinner. The foaccacia rose extremely high, so it was about 3-4 inches thick. I split the pieces in half, but that was still too much bread. Next time I'll halve the recipe. The flavor was great with the dogs.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.