What are you Cooking the Week of March 14, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking β€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 14, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had chicken tenders,baked sweet potato,creamed corn and a green salad.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I heard Martha Stewart saying about not having cheese on fish as she was grating some fresh parm on her fish dish, her feeling was to do as you wish. I used to go to restaurant near work for lunch and their Friday special was fried perch with mac and cheese, oh man, that was good! They'd give a huge serving of a fresh veggie with it too.

Tonight I had a chicken sandwich and roasted sweet potato.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I love cheesy tuna casserole, especially with gouda cheese. Alas, unless we have plenty of company who will eat most of it, I won't be making it again.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I find there are a lot of dishes that are just too big for two people, but the freezer helps out a lot. Even when I make an apple pie, we tend to give a third of it away, just so we don't eat it all!

I'm planning another lavash pizza tonight, the last one was excellent.

kimbob
            Participant

Special occasion so having lobster tail, melted butter, coleslaw. Bread from a new artinisal bakery in town. Then, birthday cake!!!πŸ˜‹

kimbob
              Participant

The bread.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

Kimbob is it your birthday?Happy Birthday to who ever it was!The meal sounds awesome and the bread looked good!

We had fried cubed pork,I cooked some dry lima beans with ham chunks,fried corn bread patties like pancakes and with that we had leftover potato salad.

Italiancook
                  Participant

The bread looks scrumptious, kimbob. It looks to me as if she tried to only put flour into the scored areas. I have never before seen that.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I hope you enjoyed the lobster, Kimbob, no matter whose birthday it is!
                      Our dinner tonight was salmon, rice with steamed mixed veggies, and a green salad.

kimbob
                      Participant

Yes, it was my 66th! Yikes, how did that happen! Thanks. The lobster was so good and so was the bread. We were too full to eat the cake -- later today. The day started with the power going out at 1:53 am and I turned the generator on at 2 am. Ugh. I wanted the heat to stay on so mom wouldn't get cold. Power back on at 5:30 am. It was really gusty and cold and a tree limb came down somewhere. No drama last night and this morning, thank goodness.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Happy Birthday, kimbob! Glad the weather cleared and you have cake to enjoy today.

Here in Coastal Georgia spring is being greeted with temperatures in the mid 50s and cloudy with wind. Will is heading out to transplant the tomatoes and eggplants.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Happy Birthday Kimbob!

kimbob
                            Participant

Thank you, Joan. Kind of a non event anymore. 😊 I refuse to make myself a cake, though!! 🀣

kimbob
                              Participant

Thank you, cwcdesign. Yes, weather getting better. I hope we have a Spring this year. Seems to go from winter right into summer. I don't like the hot weather. Mom will sit outside in 90 degrees. Not me!

Italiancook
                                Participant

Happy Birthday,kimbob!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.