New to this board

Home Forums Member News New to this board

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Janiebakes
    Participant

but you might remember me as Janiebakes from the old Baking Circle. I have dropped in from time to time to read what y'all have been doing but was not ready to participate until now. Many thanks to Mike who walked me through all the roadblocks that Yahoo threw my way. I am heading over to "what are you baking the week of April 18th" to make a post!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Glad we got all the kinks worked out!

If you are still in contact with others from the old KAF crowd, we'd love to have them come join us.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Welcome Janiebakes!

chocomouse
          Participant

Welcome! I know you'll enjoy this group and so glad you can now join us.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Welcome Janiebakes! I remember you from the Baking Circle. In particular, I recall some posts where you and others were baking your way through the King Arthur Cookie baking book, although I'm unsure how many recipes were baked before people got busy with other projects.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Welcome aboard, Janiebakes! We are a small but good group and we will all benefit from your presence.

Italiancook
                Participant

Janiebakes, Welcome! I imagine we'll all be enriched by your baking/cooking comments here. Thanks for joining us.

Janiebakes
                  Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am not in touch with other members of the old baking circle. This blog was a comfort to me many times when I was missing the old board.
                    I think we got through about a dozen of the recipes before losing interest. I think we were going through the KAF Cookie Companion. Can't really eat like that anymore. I was in my 40s and 50s with two teenage boys in the house. We are now empty nesters and retired as well. Can't even ship the cookies off to work. That is much of the lure of the ration baking to me. A more sparse but still tasty baked good.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Some of those Cookie Companion recipes were decadent. I do not open that cookbook anymore because almost every recipe has copious amounts of butter, and I had to cut saturated fat in my diet. Sigh. Those soft barley cookies were one of our favorites--or maybe that recipe is in the wholegrain baking book.

I have gotten pretty good at finding oil-based desserts or adapting recipes to use less saturated fat and more whole grains.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I've only made a few recipes out of the KAF Cookie Companion, but when you already have the world's best chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe (IMHO, at least), who needs a large repertoire of cookies?

kimbob
                        Participant

Welcome, Janiebakes. I remember you from the old bc. Still miss it. Got an email from kaf saying free shipping on $100. 😱 yikes.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

I remember you as well, janiebakes. Welcome!

Janiebakes
                            Participant

Hi Kimbob, good to see you again too. You were on the Bakingcircle as long as I can remember. Cwcdesign, I remember you too. Nice to be back in touch.

I agree about the KAF Cookie Companion being decadent and not getting much use these days. I am more on the lookout for recipes that use less sugar and butter as well. I also find that I like making my old favorite cookie recipes much more than looking for new ones.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Janiebakes--Cass (Kid Pizza) called me yesterday, and he asked if there were any new members at Nebraska Kitchen. I mentioned that you had joined us and were previously on the Baking Circle. He was thrilled to hear that you have joined the group, as he remembers you from the Baking Circle. He asked that I send you his good wishes.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I'm always happy to hear from Cass, directly or indirectly. I think about him frequently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.