Cream Wafers by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Cream Wafers by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Cream Wafers--cookies
      Submitted by cwalde on October 18, 2004 at 2:38 pm

Another great recipe from my Century of Success from Gold Medal. I love these light flaky sandwich cookies. They are as pretty as they are yummy. They are a fragile cookie so shipping would be out of the question but they are great on a cookie tray at Christmas or for a ladies' tea or luncheon. Cheryl

2 c all-purpose flour
      1 c butter, softened
      1/3 c whipping cream
      Sugar
      Creamy Filling

Mix flour, butter and whipping cream. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll about 1/3 of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick on floured cloth-covered board (keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll). Cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Transfer rounds with metal spatula to piece of waxed paper that is heavily covered with sugar; turn to coat each round.

Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Prick each round with fork about 4 times. Bake just until set but not brown, 7-9 minutes. Cool.

Just before serving, put cookies together in pairs with Creamy Filling. About 5 dozen cookies -- I cut mine a bit thicker to about 1/4 inches and bake for about 6 minutes. I also remove my cookies from the baking sheet immediately.

Creamy Filling beat 1/4 c margarine or butter, softened, 3/4 c powdered sugar and 1 t vanilla till smooth and fluffy. Tint with few drops of food color. beat in few drops water, if necessary, until of spreading consistency.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.