Candy Balls by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Candy Balls by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Candy Balls
      Submitted by cwalde on October 15, 2004 at 1:38 pm

My husband loves this candy. It's one of his absolute favorites at Christmas time. Funny, he doesn't like coconut but he loves these. Go figure. This is one of my favorites, too. I'm sure that it's bound to be one of yours, as well. Cheryl

1 box confectioners' sugar
      1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
      1/2 stick margarine or butter
      2 c pecans
      1/2 bag coconut, about 7 oz.
      1 t vanilla

I usually double this filling to use the whole can of sweetened condensed milk. --We don't have any trouble getting rid of the candy! Cream butter till fluffy, add confectioners' sugar, sw. cond. milk, and vanilla. Add coconut and nuts at last. I always mix in and knead them in my hand, ensuring that I have a smooth fondant for dipping. Form into balls the size of a quarter. Chill 1/2 hour. (I usually place balls in the freezer for at least 20 minutes instead.)

Melt 1 large bag of chocolate chips and 3/4 of 1 bar of Gulfwax in a double boiler. I like to use less wax, about the size of a walnut or a bit bigger. Keep warm. Stick a toothpick into each ball, and then dip into chocolate mixture. Put on wax paper and cool. You can cover toothpick holes with more melted chocolate using the tip of a clean toothpick and make a swirl at the last if you are good at it.

Peanut Butter Filling Variation
      2 sticks margarine or butter
      1 1/2 # powdered sugar
      1 # peanut butter

I usually only make 1/2 this recipe. It makes a lot of filling. Mix and chill for 2 hours, then do some dipping process.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.