Fri. Oct 9th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 2,652 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2026? #49501
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      Yesterday I made a hamburger and had it with fresh green beans, carrots and mushrooms.

      in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49478
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        My first visible tomato of the season!

        It's a Roma. Interesting that I don't see any on the Early Girl yet.

        tomato‑6–12-26

        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49474
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Skeptic, I agree about the cauliflower, for me my go to is the orange colored cauliflower.

          Last night I had leftover pork tenderloin with some pasta and green beans and carrots.

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49465
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            Mike, I was going to vote for cookie 3 until I saw the undersides, I think cookie 4 looks the best. Although I'm sure they all taste good.

            Kimbob, that loaf looks great!

            in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49461
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              The squash is growing like a weed. I really don't know how it's going to work out in the container but time will tell.

              I agree with tomatoes being the main thing. The thing is the taste of a homegrown tomato is so much better than store bought. With many other veggies, you get better freshness and no chemical residual but the difference in taste is not as pronounced.

              I saw flowers on my pepper plants today, so yeah!

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49442
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                Joan, that sausage looks real good.

                Yesterday I made a burger, had it with green beans and baked fries (from frozen).

                Today I made some stuffed peppers for the freezer. I used a fair amount of parsley and some basil from my garden.

                For dinner, I got a late start, I have a pork tenderloin in the oven right now.

                in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49425
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I like to put cages on my stuff right away to help deter deer. About a week or so ago I saw a couple of deer frolicking around in the yards across the street.

                  If you compare my latest pic to the ones I posted on May 26, the progress has been great.

                  I planted 3 squash seeds and intended to pull out one, but they look so good I just can't bring myself to doing it.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49424
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I made another small pizza, sausage and red bell pepper. Had a side of green beans and carrot.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49417
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I made a small pizza, sausage, red bell pepper and mushrooms.

                      in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49408
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        My containers are crowded but everything looks good so far.

                        Buttercup winter squash.

                        squash

                        Tomatoes

                        towmat

                        Tomato and peppers

                        towmat-n-pepper

                        Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49402
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          Yesterday I made a stir fry with some leftover pork tenderloin, carrots and cauliflower. I seasoned it with some stir fry seasoning from The Spice House, dried chives, a pinch of garlic powder, the drippings from the roasted tenderloin and some homemade chicken stock from the freezer. It was very good. I had it with rice.

                          I'll probably do something similar for tonight's dinner although I got groceries today, so I have more veggies to choose from.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49387
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I roasted a pork tenderloin, cauliflower, and made a simple tomato sauce from some store bought tomatoes that needed to be used, had it with some macaroni.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49377
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              Joan, I'm not familiar with that one but I'd sure give it a try!

                              I had a hamburger and side of cauliflower. Before dinner I made some blueberry compote and for dessert I had some with vanilla ice cream.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49370
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                Joan, what flavor of ice cream?

                                I had hamburgers again.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49361
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I made hamburgers, green beans with mushrooms and carrots.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 2,652 total)