Fri. Oct 9th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 2,652 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Blueberry Pie with No Top Crust? #14449
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      Maybe skip the bottom crust and just use the top crust. Or use the bottom crust and loosely cover the top with foil.

      in reply to: What are You Cooking the Week of December 23, 2018? #14410
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        For Christmas I made a strip roast. Been having leftovers since.

        in reply to: Merry Christmas! #14409
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas with their friends and family!

          in reply to: What are You Cooking the Week of December 9, 2018? #14334
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I made a small pizza today.

            in reply to: Flax seeds #14314
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              I've done it. If a recipe calls for 2 eggs, I'd substitute it for one of the eggs. It's way of getting more fiber in your baking.

              in reply to: Great American Baking Contest! #14289
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I use half sheet pans for cookies.

                in reply to: Great American Baking Contest! #14288
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I have 2 streaming devices (Roku and Amazon Fire Stick) as well as one smart TV. The streaming devices are better than the smart TV as it provides more apps. The Roku and Fire Stick are almost six of one and a half dozen of the other but the Fire Stick gets the edge. It offers apps like CBS (requires a fee), NBC and ABC both include live streaming for no fee, and it has 2 web browsers. So, you can visit some of your fav internet sites that way (it's not exactly a substitute for a computer and some sites show better on it than others). The Fire Stick is definitely optimized for Amazon Prime but you can view Amazon Prime easily on a smart TV and Roku. Roku has a 3 Stooges app that Fire Stick doesn't have, so there are differences. I have a TV that I don't use often and it's not connected to cable and the antenna reception is not good at all. So, when Amazon Prime day came around I saw the Fire Stick for half price ($20) I bought it for that TV. I'm glad I did. Since I got streaming devices, I've been watching a lot more on YouTube. There's all kinds of stuff there.

                  in reply to: Great American Baking Contest! #14285
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    BakerAunt, with an Amazon Fire Stick you can stream ABC, including live content, for no charge.

                    in reply to: What are you cooking the week of December 2, 2018? #14268
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I made a small pork roast.

                      in reply to: Re-conditioning a Cast Iron Skillet #14255
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        Maybe pour it down the drain slowly as you run the faucet full open to dilute it.

                        in reply to: What are you cooking the week of December 2, 2018? #14247
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I made a sirloin steak, a little pasta and Brussels sprouts.

                          in reply to: What are you baking the week of November 25, 2018? #14230
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I made a batch of Jam-Filled Christmas Cookies I overbaked them a little, so they're not so good. It's my first time making that cookie so this was a test run. I'll make it one more time before deciding if it's a worthy cookie.

                            I also made some burger buns.

                            in reply to: Re-conditioning a Cast Iron Skillet #14227
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              I have a chain mail scrubber. It's good for general cleaning of the cast iron, I especially like it for my bbq grill grates which are enameled cast iron but it's not going to get built up crud off.

                              in reply to: Re-conditioning a Cast Iron Skillet #14204
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I've used the kosher salt method. I think that's the way to go if it's light surface rust. My way of thinking is, always try the simple easy ways before moving up the ladder.

                                Something I haven't tried on cast iron but have used on aluminum sheet pan, is a 3M fine grade sanding sponge, used wet. I think that would work on surface rust on cast iron too.

                                • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by RiversideLen.
                                in reply to: What are you baking the week of November 25, 2018? #14197
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I made a French style loaf today using KAF French style flour. Came out pretty good.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 2,652 total)