What are you Cooking the Week of September 26, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 26, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made yogurt on Tuesday. (I make it every six days.)

For dinner, I made my healthier version of my mom’s hamburger stroganoff, one of my favorite comfort foods, which we had over a mixture of brown and wild rice. It was particularly tasty, in part because I found a package of marked down ground sirloin. Our vegetable was microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had baked breaded fish and steamed broccoli tonight.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made some guacamole and am going to have leftover bbq pork and guac tacos.

Janiebakes
          Participant

Pan sauteed perch, steamed green beans dressed with balsamic vinegar and baked squash. Fresh figs with mascarpone for dessert.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had some smoked bacon,rice and tomato gravy,fresh creamed corn and buttermilk biscuits.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had tomato and salami sandwiches for supper. I'm not sure if I'll get enough tomatoes to do another batch of tomato juice this season, the garden is really slowing down as the weather cools.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made butternut squash soup in my shiny new Dutch oven, it worked out real good. I seasoned it with a little salt, pepper and allspice. Blended it with my stick blender and then added some instant potato flakes to thicken it. It tasted really good. Had it with some leftover pork roast and rye bread.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Butternut Squash Soup is a fitting way to christen a shiny new Dutch oven!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

CWCdesign--I've now posted that Fish and Chips recipe here at Nebraska Kitchen. I'm sorry that it took so long.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a chicken patty melt on rye, had it with butternut soup and a small salad.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had marinated chargrilled chicken,macaroni and cheese and green beans with diced potatoes seasoned with smoked bacon.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Thank you BakerAunt - it looks really good and easy. I'll definitely try it sometime.

Two nights ago, I grilled chicken that we ate for two days and tonight Will is making sweet potato nachos - a recipe we found on Half Baked Harvest before the pandemic (remember then?) and have adapted - it's a nice easy vegetarian sheet pan dinner.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Our dinner tonight was cavitappi topped with sliced sausage, onions, and peppers in a fresh tomato sauce, with garlic knots.

Italiancook
                              Participant

chocomouse, you're fortunate to find cavitappi in the store. Pasta shelves here are empty. Fortunately, I have enough stored pasta to last us until next year. Hopefully, by then the shortage of pasta (and all things) will be over.

BakerAunt, thanks for posting the fish & chips w/tartar sauce recipe. I've been waiting for it. I plan to make this as soon as I find frozen cod. The pandemic drove the grocery store's fresh fish counter out of business.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had fried pork chops,lima beans and rice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.