What are you Cooking the Week of May 26, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 26, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I made a pizza. Tonight's dough formula was 100 grams each of semolina and white whole wheat and 50 grams of AP. 1/2 tsp of yeast, 1 tsp of sugar, 170 grams of water and a splash of olive oil. That's enough dough for 2 pizzas. The dough was easy to handle, rolled it out with no snap back. The pizza came out great, thin, somewhat crispy and chewy.

The meat topping is pork tenderloin. I also had a small salad.

IMG_2279

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Yum Len that pizza looks great.

I made fresh chicken salad from a rotisserie I got today, so that was supper.

I agree Mike potato salad and deviled eggs and BakerAunt yes on macaroni salad too.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Thanks, Joan.

Let's not forget some cold, crispy dill pickles on that picnic menu.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We did a lavosh pizza for the first time in several months, but because lavosh is kind of high in carbs we only ate half of it tonight, which added up to about 37 carbs.

navlys
            Participant

Love crispy and pork tenderloin. Must try this.!

Italiancook
              Participant

Your pizza looks scrumptious, Len! What cheeses did you use on it?

RiversideLen
                Participant

Thank you , ItalianCook. I used a "Pizza Blend" from Whole Foods 365 brand, which consists of Part Skim Mozzarella, unsmoked Provolone and Asiago. I used half the package, 4 ounces.

Tonight's dinner will be a repeat.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Fresh chicken salad, green salad and corn on the cob.

Thank you ItalianCook for all your comments ! I've enjoyed baking again!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We went for a picnic lunch and hike at the Indiana Dunes on Wednesday, so I knew to plan an easy dinner for when we returned. I made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning, which we had alongside microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Pizza here!

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had the 2nd half of the lahvosh pizza I made last night, and I also had a salad. The lahvosh reheated easily and was possibly even crisper than last night.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had a Healthy choice sweet and sour chicken dinner.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had egg salad sandwiches and barbeque flavored potato chips tonight. It's part of our "quick meal" dinner rotation.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

For Thursday night's dinner, I made Turkey, Spinach, and Mushroom Lasagna, which goes well with the cooler days we have had this week. We have planned overs for two more meals.

Italiancook
                                Participant

Len, thanks for the information on your pizza cheese. I don't like asiago, but my husband loves unsmoked provolone. I'll try that in the near future.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.