What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Still planning Boston Brown Bread and Boston Baked Beans for supper here tonight, unless we are inspired by something at the first Farmer's Market of the year this morning.

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

Welsh rarebit made with Bass Ale, gruyere, cheddar, bacon, www toast. Definite artery clogger but, oh, so good!

BakerAunt
        Participant

We had the last of the beef stew, and as there was too much for one person but not enough for two, I cooked some bulgur, and we had the stew over the bulgur.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Simple here tonight,BLT's with home cut fries.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had split pea soup from the freezer, and gruyere rolls.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I tried a new recipe from HBH yesterday. Several components, but each one was easy. It was for a pesto chicken and lemon potato sheet pan dinner. It included a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette and whipped feta, both are really good and can be used in other ways. Only issue I had was that for some reason my chicken oozed a lot of liquid onto the sheet pan, not sure if it was from the marinade or the chicken being too close together. I also think it was a tad overcooked. Based on one review, next time I will grill the chicken but still roast the potatoes in the oven. It won't take any more time and the chicken will have a good texture on the outside and not be over cooked. It will also help keep the potatoes crispy.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Monday, I made another batch of yogurt.

For dinner, we had Sloppy Josephines (ground turkey rather than ground beef) on the Wheat Oat Flax Buns I baked, with a mixed greens, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and green onion salad, and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had a stir fry tonight.

Janiebakes
                    Participant

A couple of days of good weather coming our way so we BBQ'ed. Did enough for several meals. Two porterhouse steaks and some pork chops. Also, pineapple, asparagus, peppers and corn.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I roasted a chicken in a cast iron pan. Seasoned it with olive oil, salt and paprika. It was juicy and tasty.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I brined a half chicken and two thick pork chops for a couple hours.Then made a rub and put them on the smoker,with that I made baked beans,a baked sweeet potato and a salad.Enough left for a couple more meals and it was so tender and juicy.When I pulled the meat off the smoker after two hours then put it in a 9x12 pan and sprinkled it with vinegar lightly and sealed up with tinfoil put it in oven with beans to steam for half an hour and it made the pork chop meat fall off the bone tender.I did this to the chicken too and you cannot tell the vinegar is on the meat,I used white vinegar.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had a stir fry with chicken, on angel hair pasta tonight.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

I made a chicken salad from the leftovers of the pesto chicken and potatoes. Since the chicken was a little dry, I used some mayo, whole milk Greek yogurt, the rest of the whipped feta and some of the vinaigrette to bind it. It was good. Will had lettuce fresh from the garden, but I ate before he got home. I’ll have some tomorrow with our pizzas.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I had some salad, my wife had a fried egg.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had some leftover chicken, pasta and brussels sprouts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.