What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Last night we grilled marinated chicken thighs, with smashed potatoes and buttercup squash.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Last night we had cubed steak,green butter beans and rice and tomato gravy.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Will made pizzas tonight. His dough was really slack - he may have mis-measured. So he made thin crusts, parbaked them a little and then added the toppings. It worked well- everything was delicious. He made his own cheese blend of smoked Gouda, fresh mozzarella, cheddar and Colby jack. He made one cheese, one with sautéed vegetables, a spinach and artichoke and one with fresh tomatoes and bacon - anew favorite. They all had a little pizza sauce (homemade of course)

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We got a big bag of spinach at the farmer's market on Sunday that we need to use up, we're thinking about blending some into some pizza sauce. (I often blend spinach and ricotta for lasagna or a stuffed pizza, I don't know if that would work in pizza sauce, but I think I'll try it on Friday, which is often Pizza Night here.)

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I reheated leftover smoked chicken and a pork chop,made fresh macaroni and cheese,leftover baked beans and fresh salad.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

My wife had some fresh bread with peanut butter and jam, I had leftover stir fry (and some fresh bread, too!)

cwcdesign
                Participant

Mike, you can always sauté the spinach and use it as a topping. Ours was fresh from the garden and Will may have just chopped and put it on without precooking - it was good.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Not fond of sauteed spinach. My mother would make 'wilted' salads by pouring hot oil (usually bacon grease) and vinegar on lettuce and/or spinach, it was nasty looking, nasty smelling, and nasty tasting.

And don't even mention things to do with kale!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I have not joined the Kale salad or Kale Chips brigades, but I did find that kale works well when added in moderation to soups, a butternut squash tart that I make, and my Pork Loin Roast with Butternut Squash and Barley. In the latter, 2 tsp. of cider vinegar also get added, and I know, from the time I forgot it, that the vinegar somehow balances the kale. (Original recipe used Swiss Chard.)

I do recall having a spinach salad with a hot bacon dressing and liking it. However, I would not be eating or making such a dish with my current eating plan.

Janiebakes
                      Participant

The bones from the BBQed steaks are simmering with kidney beans and spices for a chili beef soup. Suites the dark and rainy day we are having.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We had some rain as well but are glad to get it, since our area is in drought.

Dinner on Thursday was pork chops cooked in a skillet by my husband, roasted sweet potato cubes, done by me, and a mixed greens salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Taco salad here tonight.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Tonight will be pizza night here, we had French toast on Challah for breakfast.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner tonight was beef stroganoff with asparagus. Unfortunately, not fresh from the garden but the freezer and last year's garden. Still delicious.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Our Friday night dinner was salmon and couscous with dill, along with microwaved frozen peas.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.