What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 25, 2021?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had fried chicken,dry lima beans and rice.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Tonight's pizza was not my best effort, it got a little more done on the bottom than I wanted and it stuck down in several places. I'm not sure if those two were related.

t was good enough to eat but the leftovers might not be as good. I pureed a little spinach and mixed it in with the sauce, if you didn't know it was there, it was hard telling. That would be a way to add some vegetables to your family's diet.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I do like kale, but I only like the Lacinato (dinosaur) variety. It’s something I always buy organic and we’re growing it in the garden. We shred it for salads and toss it in dinners with sauce like the butter chicken meatballs we like. I think it is more tender than other varieties. I’ve tried making kale chips once and they were ok, but they don’t hold their crispness.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made some pizza sauce on Saturday, as I do not appear to have any more in the freezer. I used some marked down tomatoes from the grocery store. I am looking forward to the taste of our own summer tomatoes.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had ham steaks, potato salad, and cole slaw.

I plan to buy my tomato and pepper seedlings tomorrow. I'll hardened them off on the covered back porch for a couple weeks, but not transplant them to the garden until at least after May 15, possibly not until June 1. We need to get the electric fence set up, and try to get rid of the woodchuck before I plant, also. I think the bear and the bobcat are not likely to eat garden plants.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had Reubens for supper tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We went out tonight.My husband had steak I had fried grouper.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.