What are you Cooking the Week of April 18, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 18, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had a lavash pizza tonight.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I had an Italian sausage, leftover mac and cheese and broccoli and carrots.

chocomouse
        Participant

We grilled kielbase with onions and peppers, and it them on burger buns.

kimbob
          Participant

Making cheese enchiladas with refried beans tonight. Chinese take out last night and reubens the night before.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I forgot to mention that I made another batch of yogurt on Tuesday. I had been unable to make it for a couple of weeks because I used up my starter yogurt, and I can only get Stonyfield plain full-fat yogurt tubs when we do the big shopping trip to the town northeast of here. The last time we went, the store was out of it.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had Reubens using some of my new batch of sauerkraut, which is 2 1/2 weeks old and getting really good. We each had two sandwiches on the Jewish Bakery Pumpernickel and one on the Provençal rye bread. I didn't notice much difference between the two breads, my wife says the Provençal rye bread is a little too sweet for a Reuben.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Wednesday, I made beef stew for dinner with lots of vegetables: red potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, peas, and reconstituted dried onion. It is a good dinner for cold weather. We had wet snow on and off yesterday, and there have been some occasional snow showers during the day. None of it is sticking, and the moisture is welcomed. However, we are having freezing temperatures overnight, so my husband covered the blueberry bushes and one of our other sensitive shrubs because everything started coming out in the unseasonably warm weather in March and April.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Today we had more of the smoked chicken reheated,with broccoli and cheese and potatoes I had cut like for potato salad then when they were done I added a spoonful of butter and a big spoonful of sour cream stirred up and made like a cream sauced potatoes.My husband didn't care for the potatoes but I did.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made hamburger gravy using ground chicken and seasoned it with taco seasoning. Had it with pasta and carrots.

kimbob
                      Participant

Joan, what could be better than potatoes, butter, and sour cream! They sound delicious.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Isn't that what potatoes are for - to cover with butter and sour cream?

I found a recipe for a one pot penne dish I really wanted to make, but didn't have all the right ingredients - I used WW elbows instead of regular penne and some Kerrygold Dubliner from the freezer instead of parmesan - it was still really good, but Will and I both agree that we'd like to try it with the "right" ingredients.

chocomouse
                          Participant

I made stuffed peppers for dinner last night. We had just finished eating when we lost power, so we ended up just going to bed, in the dark. Most of our friends and relatives have solar panels on the roof or property, and back up batteries so they never lost power, but we have not invested in any of that yet. We do own two generators, but they are at the sugarhouse now. We ended up with about 2 inches of heavy wet snow, high winds, and lots of limbs down.

kimbob
                            Participant

Oh no, chocomouse! I was expecting to lose power due the thunderstorms and wind gusts but we didn't. We have a generator but I still hate when we lose power because not everything is on the generator. At least the important stuff like heat and the well pump are along with some lights and the microwave. I hope your power came back quickly and you're not freezing!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight I made Sloppy Joe that we had on top of mashed potatoes and a green salad on the side.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had salmon and couscous with Penzey’s Greek seasoning for dinner on Frida, along with a green salad with carrots and green onion.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.