What are you Cooking the Week of April 10, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 10, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Hey, it's only 4PM, not time to be thinking about supper yet here. 🙂

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

For Sunday dinner, I made coleslaw and Sloppy Josephines, which we had on thawed Len's buns from the freezer, along with the leftover sweet potato.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I'm going to have a hamburger and chicken veg soup.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had leftovers again tonight, but now we're pretty much out of leftovers so I need to figure out what I'm making next.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried chicken,rice and gravy with garden peas and carrots.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I helped my husband with a deer fence around a new tree planting area on Monday morning. Afterwards, we hiked around the woods with the dog, and I noticed that the garlic scapes were all over the woods, so I pulled up some, brought them home, washed them, and put them in a glass with water until I was ready to make dinner. For dinner, I cooked black-eyed peas with a meaty ham bone from the freezer. I added them to sauteed celery, red bell pepper, and garlic scapes, along with the ham from the bone and cooked brown rice. I added 2 tsp. of Penzey's roasted onion powder and some black pepper. We will be eating it throughout the rest of the week.

cwcdesign
                Participant

BA, your dinner sounds wonderful. Tonight I grilled chicken tenders that I marinated in my teriyaki-ish marinade - very tender. I had it with arugula, cherry tomatoes and some toasted sourdough curtesy of Will. It’s his birthday today and he received most of his birthday presents. He started a garden at his friends house last week and the arugula popped up this morning - a nice present.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese toast.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made pasta with shrimp and kale.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had a eye appointment late this afternoon so we picked up smoked chicken dinner from a local BBQ and shared it.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

For lunch on Tuesday, I made soup, using the last Autumn Frost squash from the winter farmers' market. I roasted it, then pureed it in my small food processor. I cooked it with 1 cup of frozen broth from the freezer. As the squash is not as sweet as the butternut squashes I prefer, I added about 1 Tbs. maple syrup, along with 1/2 tsp. Penzey's Now Curry. Two tablespoons of half and half, and the soup was done. I ate half today and will have the other half tomorrow.

I also made yogurt on Tuesday.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had leftovers from yesterday's spaghetti with more cheese toast.

Then we had thunderstorms and a brief tornado warning as a narrow but pretty strong storm blew through, the temperature dropped from 91 to 61 in less than 4 hours.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Weather update: It was snowing heavily in Lincoln by 4AM, but the ground was still warm from Tuesday's hot weather, so it didn't stick.

My father-in-law, trained as a meteorologist by the Army during WWII, always used to say if you didn't like the weather in Nebraska, just wait a day. I think even he would have been amazed by the 12 hours from 5PM yesterday to 5AM today. We had hot weather, high winds, thunderstorms, heavy rain, hail, tornado warnings and snow.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had fried pork chops,rice and tomato gravy and green lima beans last night .Tonight it's a hamburger steak and fries.Grocery shopping today noticed lots of stuff going up,up up.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

My wife heated up some soup and I had a large tossed salad with tuna fish.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.