What are you Cooking the Week of April 10, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 10, 2022?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak and gravy with rice and green beans.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight we had Oyster Stew.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I had takeout Chinese, my wife had a grilled cheese sandwich.

chocomouse
          Participant

Friday night we had grilled pork chops, squash, and broccoli salad.

BakerAunt
            Participant
              Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Around here we call it the "5 o'clock question" or "What on earth have we got we can make supper from"?

It's like a home version of Chopped; what can you make with bologna, a can of corn, a can of tomato sauce and cheese whiz? ๐Ÿ™‚

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had chargrilled chicken breast,sweet potato souffle with marshmallow on top and leftover green butter beans.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

The cartoon reflects tonight's dinner. I made broth on Wednesday from the bones of the rotisserie chicken. Dinner on Saturday was stone soup, using that broth, which I added to sauteed carrots, red bell pepper, celery, green onion, mushrooms, and garlic. I added 3/4 cup lentils and 1/4 cup barley. With a high temperature in the mid-40s, soup is still a welcomed meal.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Dinner tonight was Easter quesedillas - made with thin strips of leftover ham, spicy mango-jicama salsa, pineapples chunks, spring greens, and mozzarella. They had great flavor, but were a little wet. Next time, I will put the salsa in a strainer for an hour or so before using.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had cheese tortellini with some tomatoes in sauce and a salad.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.