What are you Baking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

This heat wave is supposed to break later today, we'll see if it drops low enough to do some baking.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I made Cornmeal-Pumpernickel Waffles for breakfast on Sunday in honor of our twelfth wedding anniversary.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Next month is our 50th anniversary, but I think it's going to be a fairly quiet event for us, our kids are on the opposite ends of the country and there's nobody in Lincoln who was at the wedding in 1972, at least not that we're still in contact with.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband BakerAunt!

cwcdesign
            Participant

Happy Anniversary BakerAunt to you and your husband. I can’t believe it’s been that long.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Thank you for the good wishes!

I did not bake again today to avoid heating the house. It should be cooler tomorrow. If not, I will see what else I can bake in the countertop oven.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made 2 loaves of rye bread early this morning. I have the beginnings of a blackberry cobbler on the counter, waiting for my husband to come in with a quart or so of blackberries for it. 91* earlier and now down to 86 with high humidity. I've been on the Maine coast since the middle of last week, and it was low 90s and humid there, too.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Happy Anniversary, BakerAunt!! I wish you many more years, as you reach the same number as us. We reach #54 tomorrow! and celebrate our anniversary, son's (49) and daughter's (47) birthdays, grandson's (20) birthday, son's anniversary (21) and daughter's anniversary (25). August has been a busy month for us! We're celebrating with a corn roast here on Saturday.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Thank you, Chocomouse. Best Wishes on your anniversary--and on all the family celebrations! It is so good to be able to have them again.

Tuesday was a lovely, cool day, ideal for baking. I baked Maple Granola, Oat Cakes, Zucchini Muffins, and Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from the dough I made a week ago.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Happy anniversary, BakerAunt!

aaronatthedoublef
                        Participant

Happy anniversary BA and Chocomouse! And to all the family,

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Chocomouse - Happy Anniversaries and Birthdays to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful celebration.

Nathaniel turned 34 yesterday - he said they spent their weekend eating their way through Wellington!

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Happy Anniversary Chocomouse and to all the ones with Birthdays too!Hope your get together goes well!

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Thanks for the good wishes.

I baked Blueberry Cobbler on Wednesday. I have almost used up all the blueberries from our second picking trip that I did not freeze.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I baked two loaves of my Buttermilk Whole Wheat Grape Nuts Bread. I am still making minor changes to the recipe. I have realized that it is a good idea not to let the Grape Nuts Soak in the buttermilk for too long, as the bread I produced last time was a bit gummy. These loaves look good, so I look forward to slicing one tomorrow. I will freeze the other one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.