What are you Baking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I made the Onion-Wild Rice bread by Reinhart again - it is really, really good. I will serve a selection of breads at our party on Saturday: Onion-Wild Rice, Rye, Oatmeal-Whole Wheat, Frank Sands original White, and a foccacia.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I'm probably going to have to make semolina bread in a day or two, will probably bake it late in the evening.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Chocomouse your selection of breads sounds wonderful!

I made pie crusts today and baked a coconut pie ,the crust was the best I've made yet.I usually get 4 crusts out of the recipe but divided it by 5 and it was just right for my deep dish tin foil pan.I weighed them and they were about 6.3 oz. and 6.6oz.Before when I made them I had a lot of hang over so I figured if I took a little off each one I'd get another crust-it worked.So now I still have 4 for the freezer.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Mike for some reason I couldn't figure out how to post a recipe where it was suppose to go,anyway this recipe for pie crusts is so good to me and easy.It was actually one I adapted from Sylvia's Perfect Pie Crust but I've added more flour and water so it's not the same as hers.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Not sure why you couldn't get it posted in the recipes area, but I moved it there.

See https://mynebraskakitchen.com/wordpress/forums/topic/flaky-pie-crust/#

I also added the all-butter pie crust recipe I learned in school, with an example of how to use the information in https://mynebraskakitchen.com/wordpress/the-pie-dough-chart/.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I'm making semolina bread today, will bake later this evening after it cools down.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.