Rosti Recipe at Serious Eats

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Rosti Recipe at Serious Eats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I read this story and recipe about Rosti (Swiss Potato Cake) and am putting it on my "to try" list, since I could use olive oil. I thought that others might be interested as well, so here is the link to the story and recipe at Serious Eats:

https://www.seriouseats.com/rosti-recipe-5217302

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Rosti is the traditional dish to go with Veal Zurich (veal in white-wine cream sauce) though I usually serve it on spaetzle.

My wife isn't a fan of hash browns or potato pancakes, but I may try making rosti with pre-cooked and cooled potatoes anyway.

Good veal is difficult to find here, most of the stores don't even carry it, even though raising beef is the largest segment of the food production industry here. Nebraska ranks 4th in cattle numbers. So there's lot of potential veal being raised. One of the chains occasionally has ground veal and even less frequently has cubed veal.

chocomouse
        Participant

That's a great article! I love Rosti! When we returned from living in Germany, I made them frequently, the correct way, but I haven't made them for years. You just need to plan ahead to have chilled potatoes. I think they will be on our menu next week. Unfortunately, I won't be making schnitzel also. BakerAunt, sorry, I probably shouldn't remind you that butter tastes better.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Thanks for posting this,I'm definitely gonna try it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.