Tue. Sep 29th, 2026

cwcdesign

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,559 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 7, 2020 #24541
    cwcdesign
    Participant

      I guessed and was wrong

      in reply to: What are you Baking the week of May 31, 2020? #24540
      cwcdesign
      Participant

        I made the Rosemary Cheddar quick bread from KAF. Instead of dried rosemary and sage, I used fresh rosemary and time. A nice accompaniment to our salads. This morning it was great toasted with butter and jam

        in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 6, 2020 #24521
        cwcdesign
        Participant

          Wrong

          in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #24520
          cwcdesign
          Participant

            Bakeraunt, your numbers sound like ours - they keep going up and lots of people think it’s “over.” We have so many out of state tourists . . .

            I placed an online order to pick up at Sam’s. They won’t let you order TP or paper towels online. So we called and they put me through to the online people. I explained that I wanted to order in case they had them in when my order was filled. The nicest person said we have it in now, what do you want? We’ll hold it til you pick up your order! I have 24 mega rolls of Charmin and 12 double rolls of Bounty - that should last us a few months😁

            in reply to: Pain de mie pan #24483
            cwcdesign
            Participant

              Have fun Kimbob. When I made the honey oat the second time I used half AP and half WWW - I liked it better, Will didn’t. I also mixed the dough in a bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes per the recipe. Then I put it in the Zo on the dough cycle (preheat off). Oh, and I used more water, but not the full amount, which I think helped.

              in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 4, 2020 #24482
              cwcdesign
              Participant

                I got it!

                in reply to: What are you Baking the week of May 31, 2020? #24481
                cwcdesign
                Participant

                  Last night I made lava cakes from Brown Eyed Baker. I didn’t cook the long enough to get the cake “shell,” but they still tasted really good. I have 2 more in the freezer which we may eat tonight

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of May 31, 2020? #24480
                  cwcdesign
                  Participant

                    Yesterday I made the cucumber salad I adapted with cucumbers from our neighboring gardener - he is further along than we are. We liked them better than last weeks’s donation. Trying to figure out if it was because of the type of cucumber or if hers had gotten too big.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of May 31, 2020? #24465
                    cwcdesign
                    Participant

                      Last night I made Will’s version of Cashew Chicken from a Pioneer Woman recipe. We add a lot more vegetables which we cook first so we don’t over cook the chicken and gojuchang in place oyster sauce. Leftovers tonight

                      in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 3, 2020 #24464
                      cwcdesign
                      Participant

                        Had no idea what Brix values are, but guessed it right

                        in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 2, 2020 #24463
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

                          Wrong

                          in reply to: Pain de mie pan #24462
                          cwcdesign
                          Participant

                            I have the 13” pan de mie and I love it. I have been getting much better at not having it explode over the top. And I live in the humid south where my rising times are shorter.
                            PJ has some really good blog posts on the pan de mie recipes. My favorite is still the white bread recipe - I often add wheat to it. But I have been playing with the honey oat that is a recipe for the 9” pan.

                            I’ve learned from PJ that I can put a 9” recipe in a 13” pan by increasing the recipe by 50%. I would assume reducing one would be the opposite.

                            Italiancook, I hadn’t seen the Bee Keepers pan de mie - I’ll have to try it next.

                            in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 1, 2020 #24461
                            cwcdesign
                            Participant

                              I missed it,

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the week of May 31, 2020? #24379
                              cwcdesign
                              Participant

                                I have a loaf of pan de pie kneading in the bread machine - a variation on KAF honey oat recipe with half WWW and half the amount of yeast (I also halved the salt). We'll see how it goes.

                                in reply to: Daily Quiz for May 31, 2020 #24378
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant

                                  Wild guess that was wrong

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,559 total)