What did You Bake the Week of August 14, 2016?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What did You Bake the Week of August 14, 2016?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My baking was in the earlier part of the week, since we left on Friday to head back to Texas, which is why I'm late starting this thread.

On Sunday, as discussed in a separate thread, I baked a peach pie with a buttermilk crust. On Tuesday, I baked my variation on the Oat-Wheat Flax Buns from the KAF site. I reduced the salt and yeast this time, and was pleased with the result, so I will continue doing so. On Wednesday, I tried a new recipe for Buttermilk Crackers from the KAF Anniversary Cookbook (see separate thread). I'll make them again. I also put together the dough for No-Fail Sugar Cookies (from the Fancy Flours website), but I did not cut them out--in sailboat shapes--and bake them until the next morning. Later that day I baked a batch of Moomie's buns as 12 rolls, and I baked a double batch of my cinnamon-oat scones. Some of the cookies, the scones, and a few of the rolls were for my sister and her family, who we visited on Saturday morning for breakfast before the second leg of our trip home.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made Vienna bread.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made pie 3 crusts Sunday night so I started with a Pumpkin pie from KAF site the one you mix up and let set overnight before baking.It was so good.Then I made Egg custard pie and Saturday I made Coconut Cream pie.We have coffee and visit with our family every afternoon sitting on the porch .My Sister lives behind me so I'm always sharing with her also.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I made the Honey Vanilla Poundcake that I discussed in another thread

rottiedogs
            Participant

I baked on both ends of the week. Sunday I made the pan cubano bread that I then used for more of the sandwiches since there was pork left over.

I also made two loaves of banana bread for our church rummage and and bake sale on Friday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.