What are you Cooking the Week of September 10, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 10, 2023?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Dinner on Thursday was roasted chicken thighs with noodles and sauteed mushrooms and microwaved fresh broccoli. We had some sliced cantaloupe as part of the dessert but did not neglect the pumpkin snacking cake.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We're having fix-it-yourself tonight. Diane's having oatmeal, I'll probably make a sandwich at some point.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I went thrifting today with my best friend and we ate lunch at the Waffle House so no supper for me today just fruit.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I had some leftover pizza and a large salad.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I had squash and a sandwich.

Today was our Anniversary would have been 52 yrs.A little sad but I know I'll see him again one day.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had tacos and nachos today.

Sunday will be our 51st anniversary.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had leftover roasted chicken, leftover noodles and mushrooms, and fresh green beans from the garden. I had the last slice of cantaloupe, and my husband had a ripe pear from last week's farmers' market.

I also made some tomato sauce from some of our tomatoes that I will freeze.

Hugs to Joan.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Sending good vibes your way, Joan.

Today I had fried chicken delivery. I made kale to go with it.

navlys
                    Participant

Today the 16th is our 45th anniversary. That day was 80 degrees in NH. More like summer than fall. Technically it was summer. My bridesmaids had velvet gowns and I don't think the restaurant where we had the reception had air conditioning. Oh well. I guess September marriages last the longest!

BakerAunt
                      Participant

My sister and her husband just celebrated 40 years of marriage, and they also married in September!

To go with the rest of the leftover roasted chicken thighs for Saturday night dinner, I roasted a combination of red potatoes, patty pan squash, and carrots that I had tossed in olive oil. After 50 minutes at 400F, I sprinkled Penzey's Sunny Paris over the vegetables and roasted another ten minutes. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli. Every vegetable tonight was bought at the local farmers' market.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had fresh bagels today, so we had bagels for lunch and again for supper.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Thank you all for the kind words.

I had eggs and toast for supper.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.