What are you cooking the week of Sep 23, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of Sep 23, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm making an eye of round roast this afternoon.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

Made Asian turkey burgers. So tasty husband wanted them (reheated) 2days later. Unheard of!!!

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made chicken and potatoes. I used a half, boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut in half--these are large!) that I rubbed with a bit of low-fat mayonnaise, then dipped in a concoction of 3 Tbs. Panko, 3 Tbs. coarsely ground quick oats, about 1 Tbs. or so of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. dried chives, and freshly ground pepper.

I cut up (large dice) three Purple Viking (I think that's the name) potatoes from the farmers market, leaving the skin, and rubbed the pieces with olive oil. These went onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to roast at 400 for half an hour. I then scooted them to the sides of the pan and put in the two pieces of chicken. I put it back in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes more (probably 25 would have been better, as chicken was slightly dry). We had it with microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Today I made a pizza, topped with thin sliced onion, sauce from my tomatoes, pepperoni and some left over bbq pork roast. It was delicious.

navlys
            Participant

Last night I made peppered chicken thighs with spiced cashews, mango, cilantro and rum. It was a lot of work but worth it. It is a NYT’s recipe.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I cooked smoked pork chops,green butter beans and potato salad.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had ham steak cooked on the grill, potato salad, and broccoli. My microwave has a sensor cook option with "fresh vegetables" and it seems to cook every type of veggie perfectly - sort of al dente, cooked, but not mushy. I never steam any veggies any more. Last night I had some leftover pasta with sauce from the freezer, but there really wasn't enough sauce for the amount of pasta. So I slice and cooked up two Italian sausages, added a couple large spoonfuls of a medium-hot salsa, and some Velveeta cheese. It was delicious, and there is enough leftover for dinner tomorrow night.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Tonight was the last of my pizza. The dough is best on day 3.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steak and a bake potato.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a round roast, had it with rice and Brussels sprouts.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

For Thursday night dinner, I made ratatouille again. We had it over a mixture of several different kinds of rice, along with leftover rotisserie chicken and fresh green beans from our garden.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Friday night’s dinner was my Dijon-Peach Glazed Turkey Zucchini Loaf which we had with leftover ratatouille and mixed rice and steamed broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Today we had our old standby..Taco salad=fast and easy!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Breakfast for supper...Sausage,eggs and toast.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I roasted a "peanut" pumpkin from the farmers' market on Saturday afternoon, then pureed it in my food processor. Some I will use right away, and some I will freeze.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.