What are You Cooking the Week of November 15, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of November 15, 2020?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight I pan fried some cubed pork,baked sweet potato and green beans.

Thanks all,I'm feeling so much better but not going gung ho crazy.Taking it easy!

BakerAunt
      Participant

I used leftovers on Thursday to make lunch for today and tomorrow. I sauteed onion in olive oil, then added mushrooms, next garlic, the leftover maple glazed roasted sweet potatoes, the leftover bulgur, then a small can of white chicken. I added some torn kale leaves—which I should have added before the warmed bulgur, but I added a bit of chicken broth so it would wilt.

I made another batch of yogurt.

For Thursday dinner, I made stir-fry using soba noodles, leftover pork and the drippings from deglazing the pan. For vegetables, I used carrots, celery, the last of the red bell pepper from our garden, green onion tops from a pot my husband has been growing, broccoli, and mushrooms.

Note: Day of the week corrected.

Italiancook
        Participant

I made Chicken Breasts Creme la Orange from Cook-Ahead Cookery for tomorrow and subsequent days.

Later, I'm going to make pizza dough and try out my new dough bucket.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had salmon patties, cheese grits and fresh coleslaw.

BakerAunt
            Participant

On Friday, I roasted a peanut pumpkin, made puree, and froze it for later use. I made sure to have five 1/2 cup containers, as I particularly like it in Skeptic's pumpkin biscotti recipe.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I fried a large chicken breast which we halved, rice and gravy with creamed corn.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Saturday, I made another batch of applesauce with the Gold Rush and Winesap “seconds” we bought. I was going to freeze it all, but my husband wanted some with dinner, so I put some in a bowl for the next couple of days and froze the rest. I have enough apples for at least two more batches. With the turkey in the refrigerator to start thawing, I have room for it in the freezer.

For dinner on Saturday, I made green pea soup with carrots, celery, and ham; I season it at the end with dried thyme and marjoram. We have enough for several more meals.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I had planned leftovers for dinner, but my husband ate them for lunch! So we had grilled salmon basted with maple syrup, cole slaw, steamed broccoli from the freezer, and roasted potatoes with Penzey's Pasta Sprinkles.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I had my brother over for an early Thanksgiving Saturday. I made a 10 pound turkey, unstuffed and I cut out the backbone to open up the cavity. Seasoned it the day before with some kosher salt, a little sugar, thyme and sage. Made mushroom gravy using a package of frozen mushrooms from Whole Foods which were very tasty, brown rice and fresh green beans. Also had cornbread. Dessert was pumpkin pie with peppermint flavored whipped topping and a scoop of toffee caramel swirl ice cream (that ice cream is really good!).

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Len your Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.