What are You Cooking the Week of November 15, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of November 15, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband will cook pork tonight. To go with it, I plan to roast a halved Queen squash, then stuff it with cooked bulgur and roast it a little longer.

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

I made 2 qts of yogurt. For dinner a ham and gruyere quiche. For some reason I've been making different kinds of quiche lately -- salmon, mushroom, bacon vegetable and cheese in all of them.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I'm making a pot roast with a 7 bone chuck roast, and it smells wonderful.

chocomouse
          Participant

I made pan-fried pork chops with onion, squash, and mashed potatoes.

kimbob
            Participant

3 cheese ravioli with fettuccine sauce. Also, italian bread.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I made ginger sesame noodles with caramelized mushrooms. They were delicious but not enough food for Will so he ended up making cheese toast with the bread I made last week. We think crispy chicken would be a nice addition.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Yesterday I had a leftover chicken breast with leftover roasted potatoes. I made mushroom gravy.

Today I had a leftover chicken breast with mushroom gravy, white rice and sauteed cabbage and carrot.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I made about 1100 grams of apple pie filling today from 10 Jonagolds. I'll probably make an apple pie with them, either this week or for Thanksgiving.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Today we had Oyster stew.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

It's good to see you posting, Joan.

On Tuesday, I made applesauce, using “seconds” that are a combination of Gold Rush and old-fashioned Winesaps. I froze two containers—one for Thanksgiving, and one perhaps for Christmas. We bought a half bushel of the seconds, and this was a test run to see how well they cooked (excellent) and taste (excellent). I used 5 lbs. and probably have another 10-15 lbs. I may can applesauce to save refrigerator space. We also bought a peck of Melrose, which we are already eating, and a peck of Ever Crisp to eat later (last very well). We bought a peck of the old-fashioned Winesaps which I will use for baked goods.

For dinner on Tuesday, we had leftover pork microwaved frozen peas, and sweet potatoes, cut up, tossed with olive oil, put on a baking sheet, and drizzled with maple syrup. I baked in the little convection oven for 1 hour at 375F. The sweet potatoes stuck a bit to the parchment, probably due to the maple syrup, so next time, I’ll spray it.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Our dinner was chicken patties, and the leftovers of squash, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had home cut fries and grilled cheese sandwich.Thank God I'm still feeling better each day!

chocomouse
                            Participant

That's good to hear, Joan. Just don't over-do it and have a relapse.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

Great to hear you're doing better, Joan!

Tonight was a leftover chicken breast, sliced cabbage and carrot sauteed, to which I added some chicken broth and thickened it a bit with corn starch and added in some angel hair pasta.

kimbob
                                Participant

Filet mignon, cheese stuffed potatoes and salad. Yum!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.