What are you Cooking the Week of March 19, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 19, 2023?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I made seafood salad, macaroni salad, and marinated bean salad for dinner. We're in the middle of sugaring season now, and I never know when my husband will get home from boiling; it was1:30 a.m. one night last week. So I try to have something quick to heat up. Summery salads are a nice change from that.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I made clam chowder for lunch on Thursday and will have it for lunches through the end of the week.

For Thursday dinner, I made Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning. We had it with microwaved frozen peas on the side.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork, mashed potatoes and gravy with carrots.

chocomouse
          Participant

I'm cooking my version of a sort of chicken cacciatore for dinner - chicken breasts, bite size chunks of onion and sweet red peppers and celery in a tomato sauce of last summer's tomatoes, served on rice. With it we'll have a salad using mixed lettuces from under the grow lights. We'll have plenty of leftovers as a stew next week.

BakerAunt
            Participant

For dinner on Friday, I made Turkey, Spinach, and Oats Loaf--or rather loaves. My husband asked that I not add any spices to the meal, so I made his loaf without spices and mine with some rehydrated onion and Penzey's Mural of Flavor. I also cooked some bulgur in chicken/turkey broth I had left over from earlier in the week.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had leftover chicken that I cut up and put back in the gravy, we had this over rice and creamed corn on the side.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made stuffed peppers today.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made a spinach mushroom omelet for lunch.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks and fries..

Italiancook
                      Participant

Mike, after years of Sam's not carrying pre-shredded mozzarella, I see they now offer low-fat shredded mozzarella. As I recall, you use their whole milk mozzarella. Sam's blurb touts the low-fat product as having good meltability for pizza. Do you think a low-fat cheese would work on pizza?

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I made yogurt on Saturday. I am loving my Chef Alarm!

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I had an Italian sausage sandwich and chicken veggie soup.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Part-skim mozzarella works OK on pizza, I just prefer the whole milk kind, I think it melts better. But whole milk mozzarella is difficult to find these days, I don't think any of the regular grocery stores here even carry it, just a half-dozen different brands of part-skim.

Our Sams hasn't had the whole milk mozzarella cheese lately just the part-skim, I don't know if the one on the other side of town (which is a bit larger) has it or not. But Sams had dropped the Black Diamond cheddar cheese spread several years ago, and it is back again, and so is the large jar of artichoke hearts, so there's hope yet. (Costco has artichoke hearts but they're marinated in oil and spices--bleh!)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.