What are you Cooking the Week of March 19, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 19, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No supper plans yet, we've still got some leftovers to work on.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I cooked dry lima beans today with that we'll have rice and tomato gravy with cubed pork.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

For Sunday dinner, I roasted a 3 lb. chicken that I found marked down to 99 cents per pound at the grocery store yesterday. We still have lots of the brown rice with mushrooms left over from Wednesday's and Friday's meal, along with a single chicken thigh, so we will have that with the small chicken, along with a yet to be determined vegetable.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We wound up just picking up salads for supper. Good thing, I found out while we were eating that a client's database had crashed, and it took over 2 hours to get them back online.

navlys
            Participant

I brought roasted green beans with spicy sweet shallots from 12/22 Southern Living to our St Patty's Day party. The were very good. Unfortunately I awoke the next morning with Covid. 40 people aren't too happy.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Sorry to hear that, covid just isn't going away.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Navlys I sure hope you get over the covid quickly, from what I'm hearing around here a lot of people are getting pneumonia.

Tonight we had Lima bean soup I made with leftovers from yesterday.The rice and beans were already cooked so I added a carrot,about a half cup of onion,2 ribs of celery,a half can of diced tomatoes and some water and chicken drippings from the baked chicken, when that cooked I added the rice and dry lima beans was so good.I also baked a small peach cobbler.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

That recipe sounds great Navlys. I'm so sorry that you got Covid. Let's hope the other 40 people will not get it. Get well soon.

For dinner on Monday, I cooked some bulgur in chicken broth and mixed it with the rest of the rice and mushrooms, along with some cooked frozen peas, and we had it with more of the chicken that I roasted yesterday.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Monday night I cooked baked haddock, fries, and cole slaw.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had burgers on the grill.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I made stir-fry on Tuesday, using farro cooked in chicken/turkey broth from the freezer, leftover roast chicken and carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. I deliberately make the proportion of vegetables higher to that of the grains.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I picked up a rotisserie chicken at Sams for supper, and took the back and other bones and have them in a pot with aromatics to make some chicken stock.

More interesting was that Sams had 10 pound bags of King Arthur Bread flour for $8.74, which is a good $1 less than the equivalent 5 pound bags locally. I bought two bags. First time I can recall seeing KAF flour there.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had fried chicken, rice and gravy with black eyed peas.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had leftover chicken, farro, and vegetable stir-fry with microwaved fresh broccoli.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.