What are You Cooking the Week of March 12, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 12, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We plan to have the rest of the turkey-zucchini loaf for dinner on Sunday. I will cook some bulgur in chicken broth to go with it, and we will have a salad from my husband's garden on the enclosed porch, along with some cherry tomatoes and mushrooms from the store. Homemade Ranch dressing from Penzey's will complete it.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I picked up some pulled pork from a local BBQ and had fries and coleslaw to go with it.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made Oven Crispy Fish and Chips for dinner on Monday. We had it with microwaved frozen peas.

I made yogurt earlier in the day.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I cooked some venison backstrap cutting it up like stew beef and made gravy, rice ,leftover stewed squash and buttermilk biscuits.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I've been so busy on another project that I forgot to start up the weekly topics. :sigh:

cwcdesign
              Participant

I made chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken I picked up on Sunday. I was able to use up my dried cranberries and almost all the walnuts I had. I'm trying to use up bits and pieces and finding items that are too old to keep, so that as we move back in we won't have as much.

Of course, the project is taking longer and as of next Monday we will be nomads, spending 2 nights at friends' and then driving up to Massachusetts. I will be back on the 28th (Will will be staying up North for April) and then staying at the Inn for a night or 2 and then my friends' again for a couple of days. I should be able to sleep there by the 1st, but I won't have my kitchen. My contractor is going to put ram board on the floor in my office so the items we currently have with us can at least be in the house. Hence, the clean out - I now have all my baking supplies in one plastic box - I took all the grains out of the freezer to let them come to room temp last night.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I made chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken I picked up on Sunday. I was able to use up my dried cranberries and almost all the walnuts I had. I'm trying to use up bits and pieces and finding items that are too old to keep, so that as we move back in we won't have as much.

Of course, the project is taking longer and as of next Monday we will be nomads, spending 2 nights at friends' and then driving up to Massachusetts. I will be back on the 28th (Will will be staying up North for April) and then staying at the Inn for a night or 2 and then my friends' again for a couple of days. I should be able to sleep there by the 1st, but I won't have my kitchen. My contractor is going to put ram board on the floor in my office so the items we currently have with us can at least be in the house. Hence, the clean out - I now have all my baking supplies in one plastic box - I took all the grains out of the freezer to let them come to room temp last night.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

This cartoon is for CWCdesign--We've all been there with remodeling!

https://www.gocomics.com/half-full/2023/03/14

navlys
                    Participant

That's a good one BA.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had roasted chicken, broccoli and cheese sauce, baked potato and lemon pie.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

When we went to the local grocery on Tuesday, I decided that I would base the meal on whatever we found there at a good price. Beef for stew was on sale, so I made my beef and vegetable stew for dinner. We had snow on the sidewalks and ground this morning, but only traces remain. It is cold enough that beef stew hits the spot.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Nice one, BA!🤣🤣🤣

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I found a pot roast in the freezer the other day so I made ragu today. I had never made it before but I had all the ingredients on hand. I followed a youtube video. It came out really good.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and leftover garden peas.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I had a huge tossed salad for dinner; could only eat half of it so will have the rest tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.