What are You Cooking the Week of March 12, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 12, 2023?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

One of my best friends visited us for an overnight on Wednesday, so I made Tarragon Chicken with Mushrooms and Brown and Wild Rice. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli. The dinner was excellent, but I was unwell afterwards. Neither my husband nor my friend had any issues, so it was not food poisoning. I make this recipe only about twice a year or so, in part because the chicken thighs cook atop the rice, and I usually roast chicken on racks so that the fat drips off and can be discarded. I'm wondering if that was the issue for me this time, although it has not been a problem in the past.

BakerAunt
      Participant

For those of you thinking about cooking a traditional St. Patrick's Day meal:

https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2023/03/16

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Sorry you didn't feel well with your friend visiting BakerAunt.

Tonight we had leftover pulled pork and I made baked beans.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had pizza tonight, made with Italian flavor venison sausage. It was very good.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We finished off the chicken pot pie tonight, I think this will go on the menu again soon.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I used leftover baked chicken to make pot pie.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Mike has started a trend!

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Tonight I made potato leek soup, with croutons made from the double crusty bread I baked.

The challenge was finding leeks, I went to three different stores before I found some, and they were almost out.

Is that because of St. Patrick's Day?

My guess is I'll wait a couple of weeks before making another chicken pot pie, unless we both decide it just sounds too good to wait.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

No cooking for me today...we're having Brunswick Stew from the freezer on this cool rainy day.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I had bones and skin from a roasted chicken in the freezer, so I made a small batch of stock. For dinner I had chicken veggie soup with lentils and a pizza. The soup turned out real good.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.