What are you Cooking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Skeptic, you must be getting some of the smoke at your place, too. I can smell it in the air here, but we're sort of on the edge of "OK not OK". I'm very sensitive to smoke and will be happy when it clears out. The weather folks keep pushing that time-line ahead, but hopefully by the weekend. My plants definitely need some sun!

I love making the baked pancakes - it's so much easier than scooping and flipping them on the griddle. It's the same recipe, same flavor, same texture.

skeptic7
      Participant

Chocomouse; I'm in Lexington Ky currently so haven't experienced any smoke yet. I'm hoping that the wind patterns never bring the smoke this far West.

BakerAunt
        Participant

In north-central Indiana, we are having some haze from the fires.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner was chicken salad wraps.

navlys
            Participant

Our wine club theme this month was Austrian wine. I had to find something to make ahead as I had to host samba from 1 to 5. I found a pasta recipe that called for Black Forrest ham and I thought "close enough"! I cooked the bow tie pasta ahead and stored with a little oil in a bag on the counter. Then I chopped plum tomatoes , cubed ham, diced red onion, chopped sweet gherkins, sliced radishes and swiss cheese. Then I defrosted some peas. The sauce was mayo, sour cream and pickle juice. I topped the dish with herbs (basil, chives and parsley)before serving. It was a concoction I ultimately made up and it worked. I received several compliments.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

At last weekend's family reunion, my wife's cousin brought a pasta salad with diced apples and pineapple in it. It was quite good, I'll suggest she ask for the recipe.

navlys
                Participant

That pasta salad sounds good too!

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill, plus 4 bean salad.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I made big salads for dinner with slices of left over pork roast.

Yesterday I made a sirloin steak on the BBQ and had some with chicken veg soup. For tonight I think it's going to be a steak sandwich with chicken veg soup.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

On Saturday, I made my black-eyed peas with a combination of brown and red rice, ham from the freezer, yellow bell pepper, celery, kale, thyme and some fresh black pepper. We ate the rest of the leftover potato salad on the side.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had ribs on the grill, asparagus, and Greek orzo salad.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had tacos. And got about 3/4 inch of rain in maybe 15 minutes this evening. Hardest I've seen it rain in quite a while.

I made over 2 quarts of chicken stock from the bones of the rotisserie chicken we had a few days ago, I'm planning to make a chicken pot pie tomorrow, the high is supposed to be only 75.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had steak and potato.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.