What are you Cooking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not sure we'll do much cooking here today, we had a reunion luncheon and all I need for supper is something light like a salad.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Our Sunday night dinner was leftover stir-fry.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had the last of the leftover soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made a pork loin roast on the BBQ yesterday, had it with salad, brown rice and baked beans.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

BLTs are on the menu tonight.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had a chargrilled chicken breast, leftover rice and I cooked a small pot of dry baby lima beans and I had a piece of leftover corn bread.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I made Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning for Monday's dinner. My husband had microwaved fresh broccoli with his, and I had some of my leftover roasted asparagus, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes, which I mixed with slice green onions and sprinkled with some red wine vinegar. It actually makes a great cold salad.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had left over pork roast sandwich, brussels sprouts, and a little left over rice and beans.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had leftover spaghetti and meat sauce from the freezer and garlic toast, my husband had filled up on ice cream and wasn't hungry yet.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I made a pasta dish with rigatoni, bite size chunks of red pepper and onions and slices of Italian sausage in a tomato sauce with chopped onion, pepper, and celery that was frozen from last summer. I also got out sweet pepper focaccia from the freezer. I've been in Maine for the past week, and this was easy and perfect for such a gray, drizzly, chilly day. Plus, we have leftovers for later in the week.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I made potato salad and roasted chicken thighs for Tuesday's dinner, with microwaved frozen peas on the side. We have enough for another two meals. Like Chocomouse, I rejoice in leftovers!

chocomouse
                          Participant

Wednesday dinner was baked blueberry pancakes and sausages.

skeptic7
                            Participant

chocomouse;
                              How are things in New England? Friends in the DC area are complaining about the Canadian smoke problem and you are even closer.
                              Also how did you like baked pancakes? I only did it once and I like the sort of pancakes fine but didn't feel an urge to try it again. It would probably work better in the winter than summer as the whole oven would need to heat up. today was relatively cool but the previous 5 days were very hot.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I made yogurt on Wednesday.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had salami and tomato sandwiches tonight, and 4 bean salad, which Costco has again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.