What are you Cooking the Week of January 8, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 8, 2023?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

She's feeling a lot better today, last night her appetite seems to be pretty strong and she slept well overnight. She's been working a little from home but not really pushing it. I think by Monday she'll be ready to go back to the office at least for part of the day.

navlys
      Participant

I'm found a top round steak in the freezer. So I pulled out my slow(fast) cooker. I cut steak up in chunks, threw in a couple of carrots, beef broth, onion soup mix, pepperoncini and some liquid from jar, honey and several spices from my larder. It was delicious. I think I tasted the broth a few times to makes adjustments.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had spanish rice with a lettuce & tomato salad with bread -n- butter.I'm enjoying the sourdough bread my husband will only eat Nature's Own Honey Wheat.

Glad Diane is better!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Joan--Your husband does not know what he is missing!

Mike--Glad to hear that Diane is on the road to recovery.

For dinner on Thursday, I made salmon and couscous with Penzey's Greek seasoning. We also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had Oyster Stew so good on this cold night.

I agree BakerAunt.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I picked about 4 ounces of pea pods from the Aerogarden today.

IMG_0391

They were part of a nice stir fry dish:

IMG_0392

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

Nice looking pea pods Mike and the stir fry looks scrumptious.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We're having Brunswick Stew, made a big ole pot so plenty for us and to share.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Nice looking stir fry and pea pods, Mike.

Yesterday I made a stir fry using a chicken breast, a few shrimp, carrot, celery, broccoli and mushrooms. Had it over angel hair pasta.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Count me, as well, Mike, as an admirer of your snow peas and stir-fry.

For dinner on Saturday, I roasted chicken thighs. I also roasted potatoes, cut into pieces with their skins, tossed in olive oil, and sprinkled liberally with Penzey's Chicago blend. I warmed up the rest of the butternut squash that I roasted last week to complete the meal.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Considering I only have 3 pea pod plants, the amount of growth I've gotten is quite satisfactory. The amount of water the pea pods use is astonishing, though, I have to put in about a half-gallon of water every other day. It looks like it is still blooming and I think I'll probably get a second picking in a couple of weeks. But it was about 10 weeks from when I first planted them until I got enough to harvest.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I've looked at Brunswick stew recipes a few times, but I'm not sure Diane would eat it. She won't eat corn in vegetable soup or a stir fry (unless it is the baby corn that shows up in some Chinese take-out dishes), and corn is a common ingredient in most Brunswick stew recipes.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.