What are You Cooking the Week of Feburary 12, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of Feburary 12, 2017?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

A lot of the country will be having cold weather come in this week. What are you cooking to stay warm?

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I had my brother over today. I couldn't decide whether to have spaghetti and meatballs (I made meatballs a little while back and had them in the freezer), or to slice the meatballs and put them on pizza. Either way the meatballs are being served. So after much thought the obvious solution came to me, I made pizza and served the meatballs on the side. I like to keep the pizza simple. I made two smaller pizzas, one with roasted red pepper and the other with fresh chopped mushrooms. A little turkey pepperoni on each (pepperoni goes directly on the tomato sauce so the pepperoni spices can interact with the tomato).

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

It's fascinating to see how people make pizzas. There are as many varieties as there are people. There is a place - I think it's on Coney Island - that puts cheese down first then sauce on top of the cheese for a crisper crust. And they've been around forever so they must have their fans.

When I teach pizza classes I try to stress that there is no "right" way and that my goal is to give people the skills and the courage to create their own pizza that works for their friends, family, guests...

I have some chicken breasts and thighs. I have not decided how I will cook them yet. I also have some lamb koftas for later in the week. Also my wife is out of town so we will make or get hamburgers. I really want to try grinding my own beef one of these days.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Between leftovers and two nights eating away from home, I've not needed to cook. On Thursday evening, I cut up leftover pork chops from Sunday dinner and added it to sautéed celery, carrot, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli. I also used drippings saved from when the pork was cooked. I mixed it with buckwheat noodles, a bit of the pasta water, and sliced green onions. We have enough for another meal or two.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I forgot to post earlier in the week. I actually made the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken on Saturday so we would have some leftovers. On Sunday I made Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli and also had leftovers from that. We were so tired on Wednesday that we actually did take-out. Last night I cooked hamburgers and roasted vegetables - I found a nice combination of veges on Pioneer Woman and I used those. Tonight I'm making a recipe called Lo-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bake. It's Phase 2 on South Beach and you can keep the fat lower by using turkey pepperoni and skim milk mozzarella.

Italiancook
              Participant

I haven't cooked all week. Been eating from the freezer in order to do lots of other necessary things. I'd rather cook or bake.

luvpyrpom
                Participant

Got tired of eating meat - so made steamed rockfish and mabo tofu for the week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.