What are you Cooking the week of December 8, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of December 8, 2019?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I made creamed chicken on baked potatoes. I made the cream sauce from scratch, and really got the flavor profile perfectly: chicken broth, sauteed onion and celery, roasted garlic, thyme, and marjoram. Thyme is probably my favorite herb, after garlic of course! (which I realize is not an herb!)

BakerAunt
      Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made the “Tomato and Gigante Bean Bake/Pizza Beans” from Smitten Kitchen Every Day (pp. 143-144). The recipe is also on her website. My change is to add browned ground turkey, use Bob’s Red Mill large lima beans, which I cook from scratch in the afternoon, after soaking them overnight and into the next day. I also cut the mozzarella from 8 to 4 oz. It’s a favorite recipe of ours, and it makes enough for 3-4 meals.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
        • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
        Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,potato salad and leftover rutabagas.

chocomouse
          Participant

Today I made chili and we ate it with Olive-Gruyere rolls from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had buttermilk pancakes and pan fried sausage.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Yesterday I roasted a chicken and made mashed sweet potato.
                Tonight I had left over chicken, roasted sweet potato and orange cauliflower.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm doing an eye of round roast today, using the start at 500 for 7 minutes/pound then let it coast method. (I actually set the oven at 150 for the 'coast' portion, otherwise it cools down too much.)

chocomouse
                  Participant

Tonight we ate grilled chicken thighs, quinoa with veggies, and a green salad.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had eye of round roast, mashed potatoes and gravy. I used too much vermouth to deglaze the pan and that affected the taste of the gravy. I was also using a different brand of vermouth, I don't think I like it as much as the one I had before, it is more aromatic. I should probably have not bothered deglazing the pan, there wasn't much in it.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I thought I posted this a couple of minutes ago, but I don't see it here, so again, Dinner tonight was grilled chicken thighs, quinoa with veggies, and a green salad.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I made baked ziti, purple cauliflower and carrot.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.